What is the Agile Software Developer?
Deliver defect-free software, every sprint.
The 3-day Agile Software Developer course for teams provides the foundations to be an effective Scrum Team Development Member.
Your team will learn the Agile Engineering Practices and techniques to deliver high-quality software.
- 21 PDUs | 21 SEUs
- Experiential guidance on how to write defect-free code
- Learn the Agile Engineering Practices of TDD, Refactoring, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming…
- Experienced software development instructor with real-world insight
- Registered Education Provider with Scrum Alliance® and PMI®
Who should attend:
- Attend if your team is doing development work! Hands-on tech background required!
- If your team has been doing Agile or Scrum for years, this course is a valuable reminder of the details, is great for networking and learning from peers.
- If your team is exploring ways to improve quality of the products, this is a great opportunity to learn about the best Agile Engineering Practices, common challenges, what results to expect… and when not to use it!
Certified Agile Software Developer is for :
- Software Developers
- Business Analysts
- Testers and Test Engineers
- IT and Tech Managers
- Team Leads
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
Who should NOT attend the Agile Software Developer:
People who are not technical and have little interest in improving work environments or processes, people who are uncomfortable with group exercises and simulations (perhaps your team prefers lecture-based instruction), people who aren’t interested in or responsible for team improvement.
Executives, senior managers and business analysts, with no technical background should not attend the Agile Software Developer as they will not have their concerns addressed in the course.
By successfully completing the Agile Software Developer, your team will be able to:
Lifetime Certified Agile Software Developer (ASD) credential – no expiry, no renewable
21 PDUs | 21 SEUs (REP with Scrum Alliance® and PMI®)
The BEST informative, practical and inspiring virtual learning environment.
No slides! | In-depth simulation.
Perpetual access to all the content of the course in our learning management system AND all future updates to the course materials.
Dozens of supplemental learning resources designed to help your team deliver defect-free software, every sprint
Practice test prepared by agile experts for your team to retain knowledge and to support their learning to become Certified Agile Software Developer.
Additional discounts including a “pay-it-forward” discount for your colleagues and repeat business discounts for yourself.
50% off registration for the 3 hour Win As A Manager MicroLearning™ for you and your team.
At BERTEIG, Shradhdha is committed to supporting the team by using Agile Engineering practices such as Test Driven Development to make BERTEIG's websites and apps as high-quality as possible. Shradhdha is responsible for the BERTEIG e-commerce system and classroom management system that our trainers and consultants use. Shradhdha also assists with training and coaching our clients on Agile engineering practices and software development quality.
At BERTEIG, Shradhdha is committed to supporting the team by using Agile Engineering practices such as Test Driven Development to make BERTEIG’s websites and apps as high-quality as possible. Shradhdha is responsible for the BERTEIG e-commerce system and classroom management system that our trainers and consultants use. Shradhdha also assists with training and coaching our clients on Agile engineering practices and software development quality.
Certifications and Accreditations
Bachelor Of Engineering in Computer Science
Graduate Certificate in Software and Information System Testing
Agile Scrum Developer (non-certified)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
5.5 years of technical work experience
1.5 years experience of Agile engineering practices, such as Test-driven Development, Pair Programming, Unit Testing, Acceptance Testing (Selenium), Refactoring
- CMS, Open source ERP (ERPNext), REST APIs, Android and IOS application
E-commerce CMS, android and IOS apps for Leading equity research company – Equity Pandit
CMS and ERP for Optical fiber infrastructure company – R. K. Infratel
ERP for Internet broadband services provider – AirLink
CMS for Technical training and tutorials website – Kanssfer.guru
Website and Android app for Real estate company – Glorinaa Valley
Mishkin Berteig Chief Executive Officer and Certified Scrum Trainer
Mishkin has over 20 years of professional experience with Agile methods. Mishkin publishes articles and thoughts about agile on Agile Advice. Mishkin has trained people from Canada, the United States, India, China, the Middle East and Europe. Mishkin Berteig is President and co-founder of BERTEIG.
“For the first time in thirty years, I love my work. I wish you had come to help us decades ago!” – Mining Projects Shift Manager at Suncor.
Mishkin Berteig has been improving the lives of managers and their staff since 1995. Mishkin co-founded BERTEIG in 2004. Mishkin is committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations to transform their way of working and achieve Real Agility™.
Mishkin has assisted organizations of all sizes to make the transformation from traditional methods (or no method at all) to Agile methods (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, OpenAgile). Mishkin has helped with culture change, change management, executive management coaching, Agile management, Agile product, project and operations management, Agile teamwork and Agile engineering practices. Mishkin is a primary author of the Real Agility™Program, BERTEIG’s solution for organizations to achieve higher levels of organizational agility.
Mishkin has developed and delivered Agile training both in public and in-house seminars for over 15,000 people around the world. Courses have been as short as three hour intensive seminars and as long as five day immersive boot-camps, and audiences have ranged from junior team members to senior executives of Fortune 50 organizations. Mishkin has been a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) since 2005 and is the longest-standing CST in Canada.
Mishkin writes regularly for the BERTEIG blog with hundreds of articles about management, agility, teamwork, efficiency and creating beautiful work environemnts. Mishkin is also the author of several books including the in-progress “Win As A Manager – Delivering Massive Results, Creating Beautiful Work Environments and Ending Stress”.
Leadership Coaching/Training Highlights:
- 2001: Advised the CIO of Charles Schwab, Geoff Penny, on Extreme Programming and Agile in the IT department as to how it may improve their existing Rational Unified Process implementation.
- 2003: Workshop for CTO Rich Freyberg and direct reports of Schwab Capital Markets on Agile methods, focus on XP. The highlight of this experience was telling Rich to “shut up” because he was constantly interrupting the proceedings. (We had a long pre-existing relationship before that event – I didn’t get fired.)
- 2004-2005: Consultant, coach and trainer at Capital One in Richmond Virgina. Worked closely with another consultant on a major assessment/report for the CTO Gregor Bailar and then worked with numerous senior managers as a coach and consultant. Also worked closely with a number of well-known agilists including Mary Poppendieck, Michael Hamman, Michael Spayd, and others.
- 2005-2006: Certified Scrum Master class for the Director and Senior Managers at Siemens, Trango division, co-trained with Jeff Sutherland. Followed up with them for the next 18 months as their Agile coach and trainer, working directly with their senior managers.
- 2006: Coach at RWDI working with the team on a Scrum adoption. A team-level crisis escalated to working with one of the VPs on a financial model to show the value of focus and rapid delivery.
- 2007: Custom training for Dan Lesage, Software Development Director at Adobe and his senior managers. Focus on solving change management problems.
- 2008: Lots of work with leaders and managers at Research in Motion (RIM) – BERTEIG got fired, eventually. Leadership didn’t enjoy looking at cultural issues in the organization. No names here, but it was a great learning experience for us to see how deeply culture matters in attempting to do a transformation.
- 2009: Another bad experience: delivered a private training for OpenText to the CIO Nicholas Oddson and his senior leadership team. We totally bombed it and were not invited back. Lots of learning here too.
- 2009-2011: Strategic consulting, executive presentations, Agile Coach Training for RBC and the newly-formed Agile Centre of Excellence.
- 2010: Training, coaching and consulting at Suncor in Fort McMurray. First major engagement in a non-software Agile Transformation. Worked with Darin Zandee, Superintendent responsible for 200 people on the mine site, and his senior managers. Included one-on-one leadership coaching for Darin.
- 2010-2011: Group leadership coaching and workshops for Cam Crosbie, AVP then CIO of Equitable Life, and his business peers. Focus on helping Cam and his peers function effectively as a leadership team in the context of an Agile Transformation.
- 2011-2014: Training, coaching and consulting at Schlumberger Beijing Geosciences Centre working with Pearl Chu, Technology Centre Manager, in Beijing. Included leadership coaching for Pearl, Agile Coach Training for senior and mid-level managers reporting to Pearl.
- 2012-2013: Leadership coaching and consulting over 18 months for Frank Leong, VP Business Technology and his colleagues including Michael O’Sullivan, President. Included a systematic leadership development program of our own design which has evolved over time to become the “Real Agility Leadership Track” and the “Real Agility Management Track”.
- 2013: Executive presentation on Agile Transformation for FreshBooks leadership team.
- 2014-2015: Multiple leadership presentations and workshops with Simon Palmer, CIO and his senior leadership team at LoyaltyOne. Focus on leading with integrity during their Agile Transformation.
- 2016: MAJOR HIGHLIGHT: Attended and received Leadership Circle Profile Certification™. The Leadership Circle system has informed our work with leaders ever since.
- 2016-2017: Focus on internal organizational development at BERTEIG and personal leadership development. Did no significant work with leaders in client organizations this year in order to focus on cleaning up our own house, so to speak.
- 2018-2020: Design and deliver a custom leadership program for Scotiabank over 18 months covering mindset, Agile methods, leadership development, lean thinking, community development, technical excellence, and organizational change. Roughly equivalent to an MBA focused on leadership and organizational agility. Delivered to a cohort of 21 senior and mid-level managers.
- 2019: Work with my own coaches to develop their leadership coaching ability, primarily focused on our engagement with Trader working with Steve Maidment, Chief Delivery Officer.
- 2021-2022: One-on-One management agility coaching for the senior leadership team of a global luxury brand in the hospitality industry.
Select Client List:
- Banking: Scotiabank, RBC, BMO, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, HomeTrust, Capital One, Charles Schwab, Key Bank
- Energy/Resources: Schlumberger, Bruce Power, Suncor Energy, Geosoft
- Insurance: Great West Life, Liberty Mutual, Equitable Ins., Empire Life, Economical Ins. Grp.
- Telecom: Ericsson, Blackberry, Siemens, Telus, Rogers, Bell, Nortel
- Media: Globe and Mail, Shaw Media, ZU, Canoe.ca, CBC, Glacier Media, Post Media, TV Ontario, Comcast
- Loyalty: LoyaltyOne, AIMIA, Points.com, Empathica
- Technology: Adobe, Blueprint, Freshbooks, Intuit, Irdeto, Kijiji, MyPlanet Digital, OpenText
- Education: Xello/Career Cruising, Desire2Learn, Queens University, University of Guelph
- Government: Goverment of Canada, Government of Ontario, City of Fort McMurray,
- Other: App Annie, Modernizing Medicine, Trader.ca, D+H, Workopolis, 407ETR, British Counsel, PHH, Ganz, RWDI
Certifications and Accreditations:
Mishkin has been trained by the gurus in the Agile movement including Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland, Mary Poppendieck, Esther Derby, and Mike Cohn.
Additionally, Mishkin has co-trained with or co-consulted with Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland, Mary Poppendieck, Sanjiv Augustine and Michael Hamman,
- Certified Scrum Trainer®, Path to CSP Educator®, CSP-PO, CSP-SM, SAFe Program Consultant
- ICAgile Authorized Instructor, ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP)
- Leadership Circle Profile Certified, Master of OpenAgile, Team Kanban Practitioner
- BSc, Computational Science
An engaging, thorough look at best practices behind true product ownership and working within Scrum. Expert instruction that was never boring and full of insightful learnings. It goes without saying that Mishkin knows his stuff, and is eager to teach Real Agility and Scrum to the world. – Matthew Parkinson, Director of Digital Product Management, Investors Group/ IGM Financial 2019
Mr. Berteig is a wonderful trainer and presenter of the materials covered. His experience in leading discussions around the various concepts and facilitating exercises used to feel the effect of Scrum were appropriate in relation to the audience’ prior experience and knowledge of the topic. – Simonne Cormier, Training Development and Coordinator, Veterans Affairs Canada, 2019
- Over 23 years practising, managing and coaching Agile Process and Development
- Over 14 years experience teaching Scrum (and Agile) in a classroom
- Over 11 years experience applying Agile outside of technology environments
Other Interesting Facts about Mishkin Berteig
Mishkin has four children. His oldest is nearly 24 and his youngest is 12. Mishkin is, of course, extremely proud of his children who are all artists of various types… following firmly in the family tradition. Mishkin’s parents, step-parents and siblings are also mostly artists.
Mishkin worked for Peters Surveys Ltd. as a junior surveyor’s assistant in the late 80’s and early 90’s on and off. One of the big projects Mishkin assisted with was the Husky Oil Upgrader project just outside of Lloydminster, SK. Mishkin did both field work and site map calculation work for the grading of the site prior to construction.
Mishkin travelled to Belize on a one-month service project with a number of other youth in early 1990. Mishkin’s flights were eventful including a last-minute aborted landing due to a storm around Cancun. Mishkin travelled throughout Belize including Corazal, San Ignacio and Dangriga.
Mishkin has a few hobbies and past-times that generally follow in a 10-year cycle: custom Lego building, robotics, coin collecting, mathematics, and music composition. Of these, Lego and mathematics are currently at the fore of his attention.
Mishkin grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and loves that city very much. He hasn’t lived there for many years, but when he returns he often is overwhelmed by emotion as he visits favourite spots such as the University of Saskatchewan campus, the bridges and river valley, and the Broadway strip.
“Leadership Agility – Luck, Love and Truthfulness” – 20181011 – Agile North Meetup
“Agile Architecture Master Class” – 20180515 – Private Client
“Scrum vs. Kanban vs. ADKAR vs. Kotter – Which Is Best For You?” – 20171031 – Global Scrum Gathering Dublin
“Real Agility for Everyone” – 20170921 – Private Client
“Doubling Productivity with Real Agility” – 20170613 – Project Management Institute SWO Chapter
“Launching Agile Teams – The Skills Matrix” – 20161114 – Toronto Agile Conference
Yes, it is a 100% money-back guarantee.
At BERTEIG we love what we do and we are very confident in the quality and delivery of our training. If our training fails to satisfy your learning objectives, you may make a request for a full refund - no questions asked.
Still not sure?
We occasionally allow people to audit our training before buying it. If you are interested in auditing a learning event, send us a request here.
The course was great, we learned a lot. It was a great mix of theory and practical application. I think that anyone will come away from this course with a better understanding of good development practices, and even if you knew everything about that, you would still learn about some cool testing libraries and other helpful tools.
The BERTEIG instructor did an exceptional job of presenting the content in a way that kept our entire team engaged and adapting instantly to meet our needs and answer our questions. It was evident that a lot of preparation went into preparing this course!
The presenters and materials were very well organized -- the flow was straightforward with plenty of time to explore the topics.
This a great course to help our development team transform into agile processes.
The course was comprehensive and concise with how to adapt an organization to use Agility development
In a purely remote environment, class attention and engagement can be hard to come by. This course has found a way to keep classes interesting, engaging, and rewarding with the use of multiple modern technologies and instructors that clearly understand the material.
This is one of the few things we have done as an entire team together. I imagine there were many moments where we as a team realized we had blind spots. I hope that we decide to utilize the information learned to better ourselves. If anything I will use this information to create better habits to pursue when working on features within our development environment.
The course was a great overview of agile development practices. My company and I gained a lot of insight on how to improve our workflow to deliver better code and, hopefully, a better product.
The team at BERTEIG did an amazing job introducing our team to different concepts and perspectives within the Agile framework. We worked closely with BERTEIG to customize a course to meet the needs of our team to improve quality and delivery. We were really impressed with the delivery our training in light of the remote learning challenges. Great work BERTEIG! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The training was professionally delivered in an interesting, interactive format.
The Agile Software Developer was a great course -- the material was relevant, well-presented and interesting. The course leader (Pedram) was engaging and really knew the topic well, as was clear from some of the extended discussions we had.
Great Agile Software Developer! Very informative and flexable to our needs as a company.
Useful Agile Software Developer course. Not only did they go through the techniques that improved our efficiency, they also brought our team together to play in the same sandbox.
Excellent coaching by Pedram! Hands on Agile Software Developer training and can be immediately put to practice. Would love more advanced class trainings if possible. Keep up the great work!!
I learn a lot from the Agile Software Developer course, and thank you very much for your job!
Agile Software Developer
- Welcome & Introductions
- The Agile Manifesto
- Team Dynamics
- Agile Testing Quadrants
- Test Driven Development
- Incremental Design
- Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Agile Pyramid
- Mobbing Programming
- Spying, Mocking and Faking
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
You're in Good Company
Get the Best of BERTEIG
Experts with Accolades
BERTEIG Instructors hold the highest possible certifications in their respective areas of expertise.
Benefit from one of Canada’s only Advanced Certified Agile Software Developer Training available in Canada.
Develop situational analysis with real-life issues your organization is encountering in the privacy of a private group.
Over a decade of coaching and curriculum development has resulted in thousands of successfully trained Canadians, coast to coast.
Breakaway from basic training with engaging, stimulation-oriented exercise available in many of our courses.
The more your team learns, the more you’ll earn.
Loyalty Is Rewarded
BERTEIG Loyalty Program
The Corporate Loyalty Program encourages our clients to develop a culture of continuous learning. The more people you train, the more money you save!
It also includes FREE Coaching, Assessment, a Curated Library of Resources and Data Reporting.
Register 3 people
and spend C$3000
in a year
off this year
and next year,
Access to a
of resources for managers
Register 10 people
and spend C$10000
in a year
off this year
and next year,
Access to a
of resources for managers
Quarterly 1-hr Q&A Session with an Expert BERTEIG Consultant
Yearly Report of participants in BERTEIG Training Courses
Register 20 people
and spend C$20000
in a year
off this year
and next year,
Access to a
of resources for managers
Monthly 1-hr Q&A Session with an Expert BERTEIG Consultant
Quarterly Report of participants in BERTEIG Training Courses
1 Free use of the BERTEIG Culture Assessment
Register 40 people
and spend C$40000
in a year
off this year
and next year,
Access to a
of resources for managers
Monthly 1-hr Q&A Session with Mishkin Berteig
Access to the corporate training Dashboard
2 Free use of BERTEIG Culture Assessments
50% Discount for 1 person to join the Real Agility Management Track
BERTEIG loyalty program is not a one-time group discount. It is a long-term organization-wide program to encourage continuous learning in the organization while saving money on training. The discount level you reach by the end of the calendar year is maintained for another full calendar year. As soon as you reach the minimum number of registrations for the next level, you move up and enjoy greater discounts. The Loyalty Program is available for both Public and Private training. If you are looking for a one-time group discount, write to us here or call us on 1-800-215-2314, we would love to help you out.