See the difference - join us for a live 3 hour
BERTEIG MicroLearning™ Event now.
ONLY 20 SPOTS Available at 'Pay-What-Feels-Right' Registration!
Registration fixed at $149 after limited seats are sold out.
What is a MicroLearning™ Event?
It is a live virtual session that helps you to comprehend theory and Agile practices in a 3 hour training.
These events are led by experienced BERTEIG instructors who have decades of experience as coaches and trainers. The sessions are designed to be engaging with a high level of participation.
These events help participants to understand why small changes in behaviour can maximize the value created in the agile workplace.
1. Select a date and register for a MicroLearning™ Event
2. Do the pre-work before the MicroLearning™ Event (if any)
3. Attend the instructor led MicroLearning™ Event
4. Access documents related to your MicroLearning™ Event on the BERTEIG training portal
5. Display your MicroLearning™ Certificate of completion on Social Media.
Who should attend:
- Managers who want to learn how to become more authentic leaders
- This introductory MicroLearning is a valuable foundation to learn the details, it is great for networking and learning from peers, and a good start to an intensive path of learning.
- If you are considering Leadership as a career path, this is a great opportunity to learn about the techniques and practices that make great leaders so effective.
Leadership for Managers is strongly recommended for Project Managers, Team Leads, HR Managers, and people managers who are responsible for creating and maintaining high-performance work environments.
Leadership for Managers is for :
- People Managers
- Project Managers
- HR Managers
- Functional Managers
- Executive Assistants
- Sales People
- Enthusiastic Learners
Who should NOT attend Leadership for Managers
People who don’t like improvement.
By successfully attending the Leadership for Managers MicroLearning™ Event, you will be able to:
- Describe the foundations of modern leadership and what has changed
- Apply the principles of good leadership in your current role
- Inspire others to create work environments that are more productive and collaborative.
- Confidently describe to others in your organisation, why it is important to exhibit leadership values that others can mimic.
- Achieve a certificate of completion from the MicroLearning™ Event.
A certificate of completion from BERTEIG for the MicroLearning™ Event.
3 PDUs | 3 SEUs
(Registered Education Provider with Scrum Alliance® and PMI®)
All inclusive registration price, no extra cost for learning portal access
The BEST informative, practical and inspiring virtual learning environment.
Perpetual access to all the content of the course in our learning management system AND all future updates to the course materials.
Follow-up support to make sure that you have confidently understood the learning objectives.
Reference to books based on the learning in the MicroLearning Event.
Additional discounts including a "pay-it-forward" discount for your colleagues
Networking opportunities with other professionals
Nica Pourfallah Leadership Coach & Consultant
I would highly recommend her." - Erika Taylor, Vice President, People and Culture at BC Pension Corporation, Aug. 2015
Nica has had substantial experience in training, coaching, and organizational transformation consulting for the past 15 years. During the past decade she has focused primarily on Agile and Lean, and began specializing in Leadership transformation during this time as well. With a Masters degree in Organizational Leadership, Nica has walked alongside organizations and individuals in both the private and public sector on their leadership journeys, as they strengthened and grew in capacity.
Leadership Coaching/Training Highlights:
Whether engaged in a one-on-one coaching conversation, training in a boardroom over days or weeks, or engrained fully within an organization for a long-term transformation process, Nica brings skill, experience, commitment and focus. Nica’s primary objective and overall goal is to leave her clients in a position where the process of transformation that has begun can be sustainable for them to carry forward independently, and for them to thrive in their continued growth and learning.
Certifications and Accreditations:
Cultural Transformation Tools® (CTT) – Barrett Values Centre
Certified OpenAgile Catalyst – OpenAgile Centre For Learning
Certified Scrum Master® – Scrum Alliance
Certified Scrum Product Owner® – Scrum Alliance
Royal Roads University, Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership
The University of British Columbia, BA in English Language and Literature
“I would highly recommend Nica Pourfallah” – Erika Taylor, Vice President, People and Culture at BC Pension Corporation, Aug. 2015
- Over 20 years practising, managing and coaching Agile Process and Development
- Over 15 years consulting experience
- Over 9 years experience applying Agile outside of technology environments
Yes, it is a 100% money-back guarantee.
At BERTEIG we love what we do and we are very confident in the quality and delivery of our training. If our training fails to satisfy your learning objectives, you may make a request for a full refund - no questions asked.
Still not sure?
We occasionally allow people to audit our training before buying it. If you are interested in auditing a learning event, send us a request here.
The facilitators were engaging, prepared and knowledgeable and added personality to the session along the way. It has enhanced my knowledge so I may implement my learnings immediately.
Michele Winterholt, Project Manager, December 15, 2020
Upcoming MicroLearning™ Events
Leadership for Managers
Reviews for our Learning Events
Mishkin knows his stuff! A very engaging course with practical experience. Learning through doing is so rarely used this well.
January 27, 2023Product Owner Bootcamp with CSPO® (Certified Scrum Product Owner®) [Virtual Learning] (POBC)
Team Lead, Customer Enablement
The Product Owner Bootcamp course taught by Mishkin was interactive and informative. I learned quite a bit that can help me with my day-to-day role as a Scrum Master.
January 25, 2023Product Owner Bootcamp with CSPO® (Certified Scrum Product Owner®) [Virtual Learning] (POBC)
National Bank of Canada
Every Berteig training session I've attended have all been phenomenal so I had high expectations. David Vicentin delivered! The KMP I course provided an in-depth introduction of Kanban and ensured every attendee had applicable practices to implement with our teams, and practical strategies to address common concerns or pushback from those involved. I highly recommend this course and David Vicentin as an instructor.
January 25, 2023Kanban System Design® (KMPI)
MedAvail Technologies Inc.
Virtual is NOT boring!
Transform Your Business From Anywhere
This Certified Scrum Master training was the best online course I've ever taken. The emphasis on pre-work and passing the pre-test was good to help ensure everyone started on the same page regardless of experience. The simulation and team work in a virtual environment was great under the pandemic circumstances. The expectation of everyone actively participating, and Mishkin's and Jerry's knowledge and extensive experiences, contributed to rounding out the experience. I recommend this course whether you have Agile or Scrum background or not!
Cindy Avrith, Program Manager, Canada Life, June 24, 2020
Live virtual training is delivered based on the Canadian Eastern time zone (ET) from 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM. People in different time zones can attend this training on following times.
11:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Vancouver, British Colombia
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
01:00 PM - 04:00 PM
San Jose, Costa Rica
Mexico City, Mexico
02:00 PM - 05:00 PM
New York, USA
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Halifax, Nova Scotia
06:00 PM - 09:00 PM
07:00 PM - 10:00 PM
You're in Good Company
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Scrum Inc. Scrum Master Product Owner® (SSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://agileeducation.org. The training component of the SSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or SSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and enter the details of your learning experience to claim the hours. Be sure to enter all the details of the class you took (CSM or CSPO or SSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs (16 for 2-day and 24 for 3-day).
- Q: How can I claim other BERTEIG event PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content e.g. BERTEIG MicroLearning™ you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may need to show evidence of registration or attendance for the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends. Be mindful that some courses have a substantial Theory portion that needs to be completed prior to the Classroom start.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and SSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: What does it mean when a session is "Guaranteed To Run"?
- A: Most BERTEIG Learning Events are given this designation, which means that if it's scheduled, we will run the class, even with just a few people registered. We do this to respect the time you have allotted to learning. Occasionally something may prevent us from running the class e.g. a health emergency, however we will do everything we can under normal circumstances to run scheduled classes; we take this seriously and it is our commitment to you.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.
We Are Growing Organically
Did you know that about 90% of our business growth is the result of word of mouth recommendations?
Yes, it is true. People who attend our training can't help recommending us to their colleagues and friends, and they also can't wait to attend advanced training with us. This is what people say about us:
I enjoyed being there (at the training). You guys are the gold star standard for Agile. Thanks for the training over the years.
Oscar Savoini, Project Manager, Honda Canada, August 31, 2020
The training was great. Very informative and interactive. The BERTEIG team has mastered that art of online learning, you will not be bored. Definitely recommend.
Antoinette Boachie, Consultant, Agile Sales & Marketing, CIBC, October 07, 2020