- The Purpose of Scrum
- The Scrum Values
- The Scrum Roles
- The Scrum Process
- The Definition of Done I
- The Definition of Done II
- The Scrum Guide
- The Agile Manifesto
- All of Scrum Diagram
- All of Scrum Diagram – Fill in the Blanks
- Myths of Scrum: Excessive Preparation
- Myths of Scrum: Stretch Goals are Good
- Myths of Scrum: Developers Determine Order of PBIs
- Myths of Scrum: Technical Items in the Product Backlog
- Practice Quiz: Scrum Foundations
- Pre-Class Test – Scrum Foundations – MUST BE DONE BEFORE CLASS STARTS!
- Instructor Introductions
- Tools Introduction
- Warm-Up: Participant’s Introduction
- BERTEIG Sign-In – Tell Us You’re Here!
- Requirements for Certification
- Great Products and their Vision
- Discussion: What Makes a Great Product Vision?
- Discussion: Choosing a Product for the Simulation
- Product Vision Statement
- Exercise: Create a Product Vision
- Product Box
- Exercise: Building Your Product
- Exercise: Presenting Your Product
- Exercise: Product Vision Statement Reprise
- User Categories Thinking Tool
- H04 User Categories
- Discussion: Identifying Users
- Personas, Usability and Empathy
- H05 Persona
- Exercise: Generate a Persona
- Good and Bad Metrics
- H06 Value Metrics
- Discussion: Value Metrics
- Discussion: Key Metrics
- Discussion: Metrics and Product Vision
- Exercise – Value Metrics
- H08 User Stories
- Exercise: Generating User Stories
- H08a – MB – Simple Story Sizing
- H09 User Story Splitting
- Exercise: Splitting User Stories
- H16 Comparing Roles Exercise
- H19 Scrum Product Owner Assessment Checklist
- Agile Planning
- H10 Estimation – The Bucket System
- H11 Methods of Ordering the Product Backlog
- CSPO Learning Objectives
- Learning Path
- Important Course Follow-Up
- Scrum Alliance
861+ Testimonials for CSPO
I have taken the Scrum Master Bootcamp and Product Owner Bootcamp courses with Berteig and I enjoy the interactive, engaging, and collaborative learning experience that is provided through hands-on simulations. Thank you.
May 26, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Scarborough, ON, Canada
Mohammed Ur Rahman
Senior Application Developer
Mishkin and the team were fantastic! They guided us through the scrum framework and provided the opportunity to apply the learnings in our breakout sessions. I would strongly recommend this course for new Product Owners who are trying to expand their Agile knowledge.
May 20, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Toronto, ON, Canada
Mishkin brings the topic of Scrum Product Owner alive with an interesting, fun, and informative set of exercises. I left the course very confident that I could make use of what I learned on my own as a Product Owner.
May 19, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Victoria, BC, Canada
BSA soon to be PROD MGR
The course is designed very well for all levels of enthusiasts who want to learn about the Agile Scrum Framework, mindset, and some key tools required in the journey of product management. Mishkin himself is very professional and knowledgeable on the subject and delivers the material very effectively. Would highly recommend this course to my colleagues and friends.
March 28, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Mississauga, ON, Canada
Business Analyst + Product Owner
It really is a complete training, where it is based on enhancing the skills that a person must acquire as a product owner, such as maximizing the value to the business, within the framework of the scrum, focusing the organization with a common objective, for me, it was enriching, I liked the mechanics of training to be able to share with people from another profession and that provides a broader vision for decision making.
March 24, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Bogota, 34, Colombia
Heidy Yesmith Socha Viancha
requirements and testing analyst
Departamento Nacional de Planeación
Mishkin was an amazing trainer and coach. The workshop did not feel rushed. The case studies were real-world examples and we went through all the steps from limitation to populating the product backlog. The real value was between the lines and tidbits discussed in the workshop for best practices ( user stories etc) and problems the attendees were having today! And as product owners, we share our grief! Mishkin was clear concise and value driven. I came out with a different mindset and was extremely well-equipped for excellence in my role!
March 23, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Toronto, ON, Canada
Product owner, data engineering
Well executed bootcamp with good parts of training and hands-on sessions. Mishkin was amazing as a trainer. He was: 1. steady in his pace 2. always smiling 3. handled all the questions perfectly
March 23, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Brampton, ON, Canada
Director, Agile CoE
It was informative and engaging. Looking forward to more courses with Berteig!
February 18, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Toronto, ON, Canada
Client Engagement Manager
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
It was a very simplified and hands-on approach to learning. I would definitely recommend this program to my friends.
February 18, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) Calgary, AB, Canada
Debt relief solutions
It was a great interactive session.
February 17, 2022Certified Scrum Product Owner® [Partner] (CSPO) United States
Equitable Life Of Canada
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact email@example.com for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact email@example.com as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact email@example.com with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact email@example.com with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: Where can I find more information about SAFe® training and certification?
- A: The best source of information is always directly from Scaled Agile at http://www.scaledagile.com. BERTEIG also maintains our own SAFe® FAQ page at https://berteig.com/faq-safe.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Scrum Inc. Scrum Master Product Owner® (SSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://agileeducation.org. The training component of the SSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or SSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and enter the details of your learning experience to claim the hours. Be sure to enter all the details of the class you took (CSM or CSPO or SSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs (16 for 2-day and 24 for 3-day).
- Q: How can I claim other BERTEIG event PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content e.g. BERTEIG MicroLearning™ you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may need to show evidence of registration or attendance for the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends. Be mindful that some courses have a substantial Theory portion that needs to be completed prior to the Classroom start.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and SSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: What does it mean when a session is "Guaranteed To Run"?
- A: Most BERTEIG Learning Events are given this designation, which means that if it's scheduled, we will run the class, even with just a few people registered. We do this to respect the time you have allotted to learning. Occasionally something may prevent us from running the class e.g. a health emergency, however we will do everything we can under normal circumstances to run scheduled classes; we take this seriously and it is our commitment to you.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact email@example.com.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*Notebooks and other promotional materials can only be sent free-of-charge within Canada.