I watched Alexei transform a participant's muddled, jargon-ridden business description into something clear, concise and convincing. Alexei taught me not confuse my readers with jargon, and how to transform dry text into something fun to read. He gives you a set of practical writing tactics to transform opaque words into clear text. I now write with more confidence. I know how to write to grab people’s attention. I recommend this course for anyone who gets paid for work done 'from the neck up.'
Scott Volk, Engineering Consultant, 13 Down Software Inc., March, 2017
** Price will be billed in Canadian dollars. International prices listed are for reference only based on recent exchange rates.
This one-day live virtual training workshop helps you power up your writing.
As a leader, you need to get others to take action… often just on the basis of what you write. Yet many leaders struggle with this core leadership skill.
Most professionals don’t write with confidence. Maybe you’ve laboured over that important email, but it explodes into a thread of cross talk and everyone needs “clarification.” Maybe you’re writing a pitch for an idea you love – but somehow it just falls flat. Or maybe you just wrote a short, totally self-explanatory message on Slack but it puts a colleague on the defensive, and you can’t figure out why.
The great news is there’s some really simple techniques that you can learn to punch up your writing in a big way. To make your writing clear and direct. To take what’s in your brain, and put it in someone else’s brain.
– Now more than ever, teams are working remotely; effective writing can save hours and days, or weeks, of confusion and frustration.
– We’re going to tear it down to the basics; to transform your writing, to make your writing more authoritative and confident.
– We’ll practice a variety of useful techniques that will let you express your meaning, tell your story, and get action.
Thinking is writing, and writing is thinking.
Power up your writing and Register Now!
Who should attend:
Leadership Writing Workshop is strongly recommended for Team Leads and Managers who are responsible for creating a high performance work environment, Executives who want to transform their business, and any other leaders who need to inspire action from the written word.
- If you think you have room to grow in conveying your ideas and desires to others, or if others aren’t acting on your ideas.
- If you are considering any sort of leadership role or activity where you need to communicate in writing to others.
LWW is for :
- Team Leads
- Project Managers
- HR Managers
- Functional Managers
- Executive Assistants
- Sales People
By successfully completing Leadership Writing Workshop, you will be able to:
- Follow a systematic process to write effectively
- Write compelling messages, emails, reports and proposals
- Lead other people to action with your writing
- Evaluate and improve writing done by others
The BEST informative, practical and inspiring virtual learning environment. No slides! In-depth workshop activities.
Perpetual access to all the content of the course in our learning management system
Networking opportunities with other professionals
Informative supplemental learning resources designed to help you improve your writing
Additional discounts including a “pay-it-forward” discount for your colleagues
Alexei Berteig was born and raised in Saskatoon, a cold and beautiful Prairie town in the heart of Canada. After graduating from the prestigious Canadian Film Centre Writer’s Lab his documentary The Perfect Divorce (2003) was on Global TV and won Best Documentary at the New York Independent Film Festival. After moving to Beijing in 2003, his background in storytelling continued to inform his work as a cinematographer, shooting commercials for Maybelline, L’Oreal, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Adidas, HP, Motorola, and others. He continued working as well as a screenwriter for Asian producers based in Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong. As a director, Alexei’s corporate clients include Four Seasons Hotels, China National Insurance, SaskCanola, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus and various Chinese brands. International Documentary credits include work for BBC, Discovery, National Geographic as well as Leonardo DiCaprio’s Before The Flood. Alexei was pulled back to Canada to write and direct documentary projects for his own company, Berteig Imaging. He and his wife currently live in Vancouver with their two daughters.
Yes, it is a money-back guarantee.
We are so confident in the quality and delivery of our training, that we offer a satisfaction guarantee that you will be satisfied with the learning you receive in the class.
- The guarantee is that you will be satisfied with the learning you receive in the class.
- The guarantee can only be triggered if a participant has attended the full course.
- Those who request it need to complete a “perfection game” feedback before the refund is granted.
Upcoming Virtual Learning Events
Leadership Writing Workshop
Schedule for writing workshop will be available soon.
Leadership Writing Workshop
Introduction to Alexei Berteig
Review of Agenda
- “The Good News Is… The Bad News Is…”
- “A Good Article vs. A Great Article”
- The Sentence
- The Paragraph
- Emotional and Tonal Signifiers
- Introducing the Methodology
- Create Paragraphs on a Prepared Topic
- Workshop Participants’ Writing Samples
- What Makes a Story?
- Exploring and Expressing the Root of Motivation / Reason
- Expressing Difficulties in Heroic Terms
- Transformation, Meaning and Purpose
- Bringing to Life Concepts and Objects
- Where is the Love?
- Interview Method
- Do’s and Don’ts
Summarizing the Learning
Virtual is NOT boring!
Transform Your Business From Anywhere
Live virtual training is delivered based on the Canadian Eastern time zone (ET) from 10:30am to 05:30pm.
People in different time zones can attend this training on following times.
07:30 AM – 02:30 PM
Vancouver, British Colombia
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
08:30 AM – 03:30 PM
San Jose, Costa Rica
09:30 AM – 04:30 PM
Mexico City, Mexico
10:30 AM – 05:30 PM
New York, USA
11:30 AM – 06:30 PM
Halifax, Nova Scotia
São Paulo, Brazil
02:30 PM – 09:30 PM
03:30 PM – 10:30 PM
London, United Kingdom
04:30 PM – 11:30 PM
We Are Growing Organically
Did you know that about 90% of our business growth is the result of word of mouth recommendations?
Yes, it is true. People who attend our training can't help recommending us to their colleagues and friends, and they also can't wait to attend advanced training with us. This is what people say about us:
I enjoyed being there (at the training). You guys are the gold star standard for Agile. Thanks for the training over the years.
Oscar Savoini, Project Manager, Honda Canada, August 31, 2020
The training was great. Very informative and interactive. The BERTEIG team has mastered that art of online learning, you will not be bored. Definitely recommend.
Antoinette Boachie, Consultant, Agile Sales & Marketing, CIBC, October 07, 2020
See how people feel after attending our training, read some of the 3000+ recent reviews, and attend our training with no reservations.
Loyalty Is Rewarded
BERTEIG Loyalty Program
At BERTEIG, we believe that continuous lifelong learning is a key element to success and achieving excellence.
We developed the BERTEIG Loyalty Program to encourage our clients to develop a culture of continuous learning. The more people you train, the more money you save (simple)!
The discount level you reach by the end of the calendar year is maintained for another full calendar year. As soon as you reach the minimum number of registrations for the next level, you move up and enjoy greater discounts.
The BERTEIG Loyalty Program is available for both Public and Private training.
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
BERTEIG loyalty program is not a one-time group discount. It is a long-term organization-wide program to encourage continuous learning in the organization while saving money on training. If you are looking for a one-time group discount, write us here or call us on 1-(888) 852-8216, we would love to help you out.
You're in Good Company
Exclusive To BERTEIG Professionals!
Power Up Your Writing Skills For Free!
BERTEIG Professionals are highly-trained experts in agility including Kanban and Scrum. When you participate in two or more BERTEIG Learning Events, you automatically become a BERTEIG Professional. If you have already participated in two or more BERTEIG events, you may opt-in to become BERTEIG Professionals.
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Licensed Scrum Master Product Owner® (LSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.licensedscrum.com/licensed-scrum-master/. The training component of the LSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or LSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: BERTEIG is a Registered Education Provider® (REP) with PMI for the CSM and CSPO courses. Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and choose BERTEIG as your REP when entering in your learning experience. Be sure to choose the appropriate class you took (CSM or CSPO or LSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs.
- Q: How can I claim my class (non CSM® or CSPO®) for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content, you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may show your official certificate as evidence of attending the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and LSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.