Learning how to be part of an Agile group is fun and exciting; it involves developing the skills you’ve always wanted to exercise and to contribute to the work of the group in more ways than your business title suggests.
Unlocking the intrinsic motivation of staff is what Agile work environments are about, and it is vital that everyone understands the rules before the group dives-right-in.
No learning events currently scheduled for this Course.
Introduction to Agile Ways of Working
An engaging in-class workshop for people who are going to start working in an Agile environment.
In successfully completing this workshop you will learn:
- Practical skills that will help you understand the Agile Manifesto and its tenets
- How working in an Agile environment is different than working in Waterfall
- Why patience & understanding are key factors in being on a successful team
- How to use Agile techniques to improve productivity and delivery
- Long-term strategies for improving yourself and helping others to contribute more effectively
Joanna Tivig Senior Agile Coach and Trainer
Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Developer, Team Kanban, Kanban Management Professional I, Certified Agile Leader I
SAFe® and Nexus Program Consultant, Project Management Professional, International Project Manager
B.A.A, HONS, Foreign Languages, Major in Education, University of Bucharest
Joanna Tivig has been an instructor for University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies for over a decade, teaching courses of project management, leadership and business analysis. Joanna is currently Co-founder and Owner of Path2Knowledge.com, a training and consulting organization focused on value delivery to its clients. She is also a bestselling co-author of the recent book Gen P – New Generation of Product Owners Who Care About Customers’. Joanna is a board member of Toronto Agile Community, a not for profit organization who schedules yearly events promoting the Agile ways of working. In her spare time, Joanna likes to play tennis, hike, bike and enjoy the outdoors with her family.
Over 15 years in software development initiatives in financial services
Over 15 years in applying project management practices
Over 7 years assisting organizations to leverage Agile and Lean Change Management approaches
Introduction to Agile Ways of Working – In class workshop
Transforming Organizations with Agile Leadership – In class workshop
Praise for the Introduction to Agile Ways of Working Workshop
The instructor had a manner that was fully engaged with the topic and students and allowed for an appropriately lively exchange in class.
The instructor facilitation skills made the course really enjoyable.
Interactive activities - Lego, drawing, debates. Very passionate instructor!
Fun and informative
By successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Learn about Scrum and the artifacts in the methodology
- Find out why Kanban is such an effective tool for service delivery
- Learn the nuances of writing good user stories
- Feel confident in speaking to your peers about Agile work
- Become more effective in your role as part of the Agile roll-out
Part 1: The Agile mindset
- Agile values and principles
- LEAN principles
- Group exercise
- Morning Break
Part 2: Overview of the Scrum method
- Scrum roles (product owner, scrum master, team)
- Scrum artifacts and ceremonies
- Lunch Break
- Group exercise
Part 3: Overview of the Kanban method
- Kanban method
- Kanban roles and events
- Afternoon Break
- Group exercise
Part 4: User stories and decomposition
- The art of writing user stories
- User story splitting
- Group exercises
- In class summary quizzes
Who This Is For
Introduction to Agile Ways of Working is ideal for:
- Berteig Alumni – Help your teams communicate more effectively with each other.
- Leadership – Understand how Agile work is delivered and how to support that culture.
- Critical Projects – When your team is responsible to deliver with confidence.
- Team Dynamics – When finding authenticity and transparency is important.
- New Employees – Help them become more effective in pursuing the company’s goals.
Specialized Private Training
- Agility for Audit & Compliance
- Agility for Business Analytics
- Agility for Human Resource Teams
- Agility for Legal
- Agility for Project Managers
- Agility for Sales
- Agility for Testers
- Agility for Finance
- Construction & Building
- Oil and gas
- Shipping & Transportation
Get the Best of BERTEIG
Experts with Accolades
BERTEIG Instructors hold the highest possible certifications in their respective areas of expertise.
Benefit from one of Canada’s only Advanced Certified Scrum Master Training available in Canada.
Develop situational analysis with real-life issues your organization is encountering in the privacy of a private group.
Over a decade of coaching and curriculum development has resulted in thousands of successfully trained Canadians, coast to coast.
Breakaway from basic training with engaging, stimulation-oriented exercise available in many of our courses.
The more your team learns, the more you’ll earn.
Loyalty Is Rewarded
BERTEIG Loyalty Program
At BERTEIG, we believe that continuous lifelong learning is a key element to success and achieving excellence.
We developed the BERTEIG Loyalty Program to encourage our clients to develop a culture of continuous learning. The more people you train, the more money you save (simple)!
The discount level you reach by the end of the calendar year is maintained for another full calendar year. As soon as you reach the minimum number of registrations for the next level, you move up and enjoy greater discounts.
The BERTEIG Loyalty Program is available for both Public and Private training.
Curious? It Begins with BERTEIG.
Connect with Mark Kalyta today to discuss your organizations unique needs.