Become a respected product leader & fast-track your career!
(A-CSPO) Register Now
Upcoming Virtual Learning Events
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO)
**NEW** Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO)
28 AUG 2020 - Friday - Online - Erkan Kadir & Brock ArgueC$1599.00
This 10 week course further enhances your knowledge and skills as an advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner. Successful completion of this course leads to becoming an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO) with Scrum Alliance®.
The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO) course is ideally suited to those working with the 'business' and whose priorities include satisfying the needs of the customer.
This Mentorship Programme provides advanced on-the-job learning, helping you to develop the techniques necessary to focus your Agile teams on the most important business objectives in the Enterprise.
Become a respected product leader and fast-track your career!
It is required to have already taken the Certified Scrum Product Owner® training prior to taking this course.
- 15 PDUs | 15 SEUs
- True Mentorship Program
- Taught by Experienced Accredited Coaches
- 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance®
- Registered Education Provider with Scrum Alliance® & PMI
Please register using a corporate email address, for corporate loyalty program discounts.
-FIRST COHORT COMING SOON-
- 10 weekly sessions, 90 minutes each on Fridays.
- Join from anywhere in the world as each session is held over videoconference.
- Sessions will begin when the minimum number of seats are filled - usually once per quarter.
04:00 PM to 05:30 PM (EST)
Senior Agile Trainer and Coach
Agile Coach and Trainer
This Mentorship Programme provides advanced on-the-job learning, helping you to develop the techniques necessary to guide Agile teams as a Scrum Product Owner or Business Executive in the Enterprise.
Achieve Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® designation with Scrum Alliance® by successfully completing this course and distinguish yourself as an experienced Agile practitioner.
BERTEIG is also a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute.
Praise for BERTEIG
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO) Training
What a great learning experience - comfortable, informative and interactive. Great trainers. I would recommend BERTEIG for any training that they have available.
Great interactive training covering the whole scrum framework! Loved it.
Senior Product Manager
Incredibly rich in terms of introducing new concepts and approaches to achieving complex work completion.
Senior Technology Infrastructure Analyst
Learned a lot of eye opening things about scrum. Many myths got busted.
Associate Project Manager
The course (gave) a wealth of practical information and insight that we can apply directly to our team situation as well as...how to optimize our processes in the future.
Although coming off nearly 30 years of PMI and Waterfall and feeling discomfort the first day it started to abate by end of day 2. I can use Scrum and improve projects run by my team IF I get management commitment.
You learn, you have fun and you don't know where the time goes - thank you!
Great framework for leveraging the power of teams and skills.
This course helped drive the direction of our company as an agile environment.
Senior Software Developer
Great course. I liked every single event and practice. The trainer is excellent and so passionate about what he is teaching. Thank you for the good experience.
The best training I've attended! Great instructors, in depth material. Highly recommended for any individual looking for career development.
Security Remediation Analyst
Wonderful course that was engaging, fun, and informative. Instructor used effective techniques and examples to help facilitate learning and understanding and used engaging exercises to help us retain the information learned. Highly recommend!
Project Control Officer
...a fantastic instructor. No bull, no fluff. Knows his stuff and isn't trying to sell, just educate.
This course was an eye-opening experience which allowed me to really understand the Agile Framework...
---- better than Ted Talks and pod casts!
I loved this course - the coaching methodology was awesome! I definitely recommend this course to anyone even with zero scrum practice.
Lead Developer, June 2017
...even though (Scrum) may not be used right away in my work, it provided me with good ideas to start seeding the Agile practice.
Senior Software Developer, June 2017
appreciated Mishkin's and Jerry's great energy and enthusiasm for Scrum...It encouraged me to actually get rid of the fear of scrum transformation.
Project Manager, June 2017
I found the course to be greatly insightful as it helped me see how much an organization needs to change its culture...
Senior Program Manager
With the great techniques learned...I feel confident of helping my team to become the most high performance team ever.
Software Engineer, June 2017
This is the most interesting and helpful training I have ever attended..
After hearing multiple times about agile methodology from everyone, I attended this class and received valuable answers to all the doubts that I had regarding scrum. Now I'm confident of being of value to my company and myself.
Business Analyst, May 2017
I would recommend this course to any one/company that is interested in agility and the use of scrum as a methodology.
Scrum Master, May 2017
Excellent courseware, time bound and exceeded expectations.
Product Owner, May 2017
This course gave a perspective to do a fresh start with my company.
Scrum Master, May 2017
In this course, you will learn how to take a product of your choice from discovery to launch and beyond.
Develop a product vision, strategy, and execution plan for a new or existing product with help from Scrum Alliance® Certified Coaches and Advanced Product Owners.
You will leave this course with next-level skills and tools to succeed as a modern Product Owner.
By successfully completing this course over the 10-sessions, you will be able to:
- Effectively prioritise business initiatives and business goals.
- Learn to solve real-world business problems by helping teams to focus on the goals.
- Support your organization to create the environment for high-performance product delivery.
- Facilitate effective meetings with business stakeholders.
- Apply additional techniques from Lean and other Agile frameworks to organise the backlog.
- Help the business to define the product vision and validate it’s business value.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO) program.
The modules included in this Mentorship Programme includes:
1. Product Owner Core Competencies
- Examining the Product Owner Role
- Working with Stakeholders
- Working with the Development Team
- Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
2. Advanced Purpose And Strategy
- Developing Practical Product Strategies
- Advanced Product Planning and Forecasting
3. Empathizing With Customers And Users
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
4. Advanced Product Assumption Validation
5. Advanced Techniques For Working With The Product Backlog
- Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Defining Value
- Ordering Items
- Advanced Product Backlog Refinement
- The A-CSPO mentorship programme comprises of ten weekly sessions of 90 minutes each (there will be a break session half-way through the programme).
- Each of the webinar sessions will be recorded so that you can review the session afterwards if you need to.
- The cohort for each A-CSPO is kept small to facilitate meaningful interactions with the coaches.
- Participants have access to an online discussion forum where they can interact with the A-CSPO coaches and also each other as they progress through the programme.
- Participants can expect 1 – 3 hours of offline work between sessions.
- You must have your CSPO certification and Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) training would also be very beneficial (this can be taken after the A-CSPO has begun).
- Participants must have one-year of experience working as a Scrum Product Owner prior to obtaining the A-CSPO credential, however this experience may be gained after the A-CSPO has begun.
- The ability to work with Agile teams is not mandatory, however the interactions with a group will support your learning through the A-CSPO programme.
About Your Instructors
Brock Argue Agile Coach and Trainer
Drawing from many disciplines, Brock's style of facilitation creates an environment in which high-performing organizations can emerge.
Brock specializes in taking an organizational approach to agility – recognizing that all aspects of the business benefit from the application of Agile values and principles. Drawing from many disciplines, his style of facilitation creates an environment in which high-performing organizations can emerge.
Brock has been instrumental in several Agile transformations, from startups to large enterprises, working across industries and geographies. He frequently trains and coaches team members and leaders in Agile software development, process improvement, organizational culture and professional coaching. Brock is passionate about continuous improvement and thrives on witnessing growth in those he works with. Brock has 16 years of experience in the Software Development industry; 6 years as a Developer and 10 years as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach.
Brock’s alter-ego enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, hosting BBQ’s at his home in Calgary and golfing. Brock is on a super-quest with his father to attend the four major PGA Tour golf tournaments and has previously attended the Open Championship in Turnberry, the Masters and the Ryder Cup.
Erkan Kadir Senior Agile Trainer and Coach
With an infectiously positive attitude, Erkan is motivated by helping people and organizations reach new heights. Able to partner with people in both technical and non-technical departments throughout the organization, he removes barriers to success.
Erkan has deep experience coaching teams, in large-group facilitation, Kanban, Scaling Agile, with cultural transformation and in vision setting.
Loyalty Is Rewarded
BERTEIG Loyalty Program
At BERTEIG, we believe that continuous lifelong learning is a key element to success and achieving excellence.
We developed the BERTEIG Loyalty Program to encourage our clients to develop a culture of continuous learning. The more people you train, the more money you save (simple)!
The discount level you reach by the end of the calendar year is maintained for another full calendar year. As soon as you reach the minimum number of registrations for the next level, you move up and enjoy greater discounts.
The BERTEIG Loyalty Program is available for both Public and Private training.
For a limited time during COVID-19, we are offering all corporate clients:
Use your work e-mail to register and receive the promotional pricing
(*some restrictions apply)
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact email@example.com for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact email@example.com as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact email@example.com with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact email@example.com with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Licensed Scrum Master Product Owner® (LSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.licensedscrum.com/licensed-scrum-master/. The training component of the LSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or LSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: BERTEIG is a Registered Education Provider® (REP) with PMI for the CSM and CSPO courses. Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and choose BERTEIG as your REP when entering in your learning experience. Be sure to choose the appropriate class you took (CSM or CSPO or LSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs.
- Q: How can I claim my class (non CSM® or CSPO®) for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content, you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may show your official certificate as evidence of attending the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and LSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact email@example.com.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.