No EARLY BIRD | No DISCOUNT | Just VALUE
** Price for Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) will be billed in Canadian dollars. International prices listed are for reference only based on recent exchange rates.
What is the Certified Scrum Master® (CSM)?
This super-intense 100% hands-on course gives you the tools to create adaptive product teams in any business and provides the foundations to be an effective Scrum Master. All the normal lecture that would waste your time in a live event is recorded and provided to you prior to the start of the course.
You will practice three techniques for planning Sprints, three techniques for running Daily Scrums, three techniques for creating visibility, three techniques for doing retrospectives and you will have an immersive simulation experience where you are the Scrum Master for four consecutive Sprints building a comic book that tells the story of the three little pigs and the big bad wolf.
What is Certified Scrum Master®?
As described in the new Scrum Guide, the Certified Scrum Master® is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
Certified Scrum Master® is a true leader who serves the Scrum Team and the larger organization. The Certified Scrum Master® helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Certified Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
This 2-day Certified Scrum Master® course gives you the tools to create adaptive product teams in any business and provides the foundations to be an effective Certified Scrum Master®.
1. Select a date and register for a Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) event
2. Do a self-paced 5-hour long intensive preparation before the event
3. Attend a two-day instructor-led immersive virtual Certified Scrum Master® (CSM)
4. Pass the open-book final exam on the Scrum Alliance website
5. Access your Certified Scrum Master certificate and badge on the Scrum Alliance website
Who should attend:
- Attend if your team is doing product development! This training is all about product.
- If you have been doing Agile or Scrum for years, this course is a valuable reminder of the details, is great for networking and learning from peers, and a great start to an intensive path of certification.
- If you are considering using Scrum, this is a great opportunity to learn about the best circumstances to use Scrum, common challenges, what results to expect… and when not to use it!
Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) is strongly recommended for Team Leads and HR Managers who are responsible for creating a high performance work environment, and Project Managers who need to know how to work with Agile and Scrum teams.
Certified Scrum Master is for :
- Team Leads
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
- HR Managers
- Functional Managers
- Executive Assistants
- Small Business Entrepreneurs
Who should NOT attend the Scrum Master trainiing:
People who are purely technical and have little interest in improving work environments or processes, people who are uncomfortable with group exercises and simulations (perhaps you prefer lecture-based instruction), people who aren’t interested in or responsible for team improvement.
Executives, senior managers and business analysts should not attend the Scrum Master training as they will not have their concerns addressed in the course.
A Special Note to Managers
If your Scrum teams are not performing as you hope, this course is perfect for your Scrum Masters. Even if they have already been trained, this Scrum Master training is so practical that your Scrum Masters will bring back techniques to create massive improvements.
By successfully completing the Certified Scrum Master® (CSM), you will be able to:
- Create adaptive product teams in any business.
- Apply 3 Sprint Planning techniques, 3 Daily Scrum techniques, 3 Team Coordination techniques and 3 Sprint Retrospective techniques.
- Remove basic obstacles that prevent teams from achieving high-performance and real agility.
- Enable a team to follow the Scrum process to deliver great products and continuously improve quality.
- Describe Scrum to others including the roles, meetings, artifacts & principles, and benefits & pitfalls.
- Identify the environments in which the application of Scrum would lead to excellent results.
- Apply tools and techniques to the role of Scrum Master for a single Scrum team.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Certified Scrum Master ® (CSM®) program.
The above list of learning objectives is in addition to the basic learning objectives required by the Scrum Alliance®
The BEST informative, practical and inspiring virtual learning environment.
No slides! | In-depth simulation.
Perpetual access to all the content of the course in our learning management system AND all future updates to the course materials.
Free follow-up coaching support from Mishkin Berteig to make sure that you have confidently understood the Certified Scrum Master learning objectives.
Dozens of supplemental learning resources designed to help you create adaptive product teams in any business
Hard practice test prepared by agile experts for you to become familiar with the ‘Scrum Guide’ and to support your learning to pass the Certified Scrum Master® test.
Internationally recognized Certified Scrum Master® (CSM®) credential – valid for 2 years, easily renewable
16 PDUs | 16 SEUs (REP with Scrum Alliance® and PMI®)
Scrum Alliance® membership for 2-years
All inclusive, exam fees is included, no extra cost
Free Certified Scrum Master® Exam Retake Included
Petri Heiramo Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
I gravitated toward processes early in my career. After getting my professional feet wet with some coding, project management, and QA, I moved to a process manager role. At the time, our organisation used waterfall processes to deliver software to our clients, and it was thus my job to figure out how to do it right. I’ve always loved games, and to me, projects can be seen as games. There are certain rules, many constraints, and it’s an exciting challenge to try to find the best strategies to play the game successfully. Getting paid for figuring out how to do projects and software right was really something awesome. I never thought I’d make games my career.
We did waterfall well. We used short increments, usually one month long, and iterated our plans with the customer as they also learnt more about what they really want. We were a liked and successful partner to our customers. But late in 2005, when I read Extreme Programming Explained, I realized how to really make software right. And I found my true passion that has carried me to this day, to this place, and will take me forward for the rest of my professional life.
After studying Agile for a while, I started coaching our teams to use Scrum in real project work. Over time, we found what worked and what didn’t. Our knowledge and skills in Agile became a business differentiator and our success driver in the market. Simultaneously, I found that I really loved helping others succeed with Agile. I worked to get the Certified Scrum Trainer accreditation and got it in November 2008. I started running certification courses along with my other duties and ultimately, went independent in 2010 to focus solely in training and coaching.
Now, more than 10 years later, I’m joining the BERTEIG team to leverage my knowledge and trainings skills in a company that wants the same thing as I do – make our clients and course participants successful. Being at BERTEIG gives me what I’ve missed for a decade – peers that further challenge me and who I can challenge with my knowledge. Together we can learn faster and refine our trainings and coaching better than we could do alone.
Over these years, I’ve gained experience in working with many teams in many organizations, and I’ve worked in genuinely Agile organization to further improve its Agility. I’ve gained a deep appreciation for the impact Agile can have both at a team level and at organizational level as a leadership approach. I have seen the human impact and I’ve seen the business impact. I’ve become an avid advocate of true teams and allowing people to take ownership of their work to the benefit of both the person and the business. I believe Agile is the today and the future.
Certifications and Accreditations
Certified Scrum Trainer, Scrum Alliance, since Nov 2008
Management 3.0 Licensed Facilitator, since 2013
Over 20 years in software development
Over 16 years of Agile
Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008
Successful independent trainer for 11+ years
Mishkin Berteig Chief Executive Officer and Certified Scrum Trainer
Mishkin has over 20 years of professional experience with Agile methods. Mishkin publishes articles and thoughts about agile on Agile Advice. Mishkin has trained people from Canada, the United States, India, China, the Middle East and Europe. Mishkin Berteig is President and co-founder of BERTEIG.
“For the first time in thirty years, I love my work. I wish you had come to help us decades ago!” – Mining Projects Shift Manager at Suncor.
Mishkin Berteig has been improving the lives of managers and their staff since 1995. Mishkin co-founded BERTEIG in 2004. Mishkin is committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations to transform their way of working and achieve Real Agility™.
Mishkin has assisted organizations of all sizes to make the transformation from traditional methods (or no method at all) to Agile methods (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, OpenAgile). Mishkin has helped with culture change, change management, executive management coaching, Agile management, Agile product, project and operations management, Agile teamwork and Agile engineering practices. Mishkin is a primary author of the Real Agility™Program, BERTEIG’s solution for organizations to achieve higher levels of organizational agility.
Mishkin has developed and delivered Agile training both in public and in-house seminars for over 15,000 people around the world. Courses have been as short as three hour intensive seminars and as long as five day immersive boot-camps, and audiences have ranged from junior team members to senior executives of Fortune 50 organizations. Mishkin has been a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) since 2005 and is the longest-standing CST in Canada.
Mishkin writes regularly for the BERTEIG blog with hundreds of articles about management, agility, teamwork, efficiency and creating beautiful work environemnts. Mishkin is also the author of several books including the in-progress “Win As A Manager – Delivering Massive Results, Creating Beautiful Work Environments and Ending Stress”.
Leadership Coaching/Training Highlights:
- 2001: Advised the CIO of Charles Schwab, Geoff Penny, on Extreme Programming and Agile in the IT department as to how it may improve their existing Rational Unified Process implementation.
- 2003: Workshop for CTO Rich Freyberg and direct reports of Schwab Capital Markets on Agile methods, focus on XP. The highlight of this experience was telling Rich to “shut up” because he was constantly interrupting the proceedings. (We had a long pre-existing relationship before that event – I didn’t get fired.)
- 2004-2005: Consultant, coach and trainer at Capital One in Richmond Virgina. Worked closely with another consultant on a major assessment/report for the CTO Gregor Bailar and then worked with numerous senior managers as a coach and consultant. Also worked closely with a number of well-known agilists including Mary Poppendieck, Michael Hamman, Michael Spayd, and others.
- 2005-2006: Certified Scrum Master class for the Director and Senior Managers at Siemens, Trango division, co-trained with Jeff Sutherland. Followed up with them for the next 18 months as their Agile coach and trainer, working directly with their senior managers.
- 2006: Coach at RWDI working with the team on a Scrum adoption. A team-level crisis escalated to working with one of the VPs on a financial model to show the value of focus and rapid delivery.
- 2007: Custom training for Dan Lesage, Software Development Director at Adobe and his senior managers. Focus on solving change management problems.
- 2008: Lots of work with leaders and managers at Research in Motion (RIM) – BERTEIG got fired, eventually. Leadership didn’t enjoy looking at cultural issues in the organization. No names here, but it was a great learning experience for us to see how deeply culture matters in attempting to do a transformation.
- 2009: Another bad experience: delivered a private training for OpenText to the CIO Nicholas Oddson and his senior leadership team. We totally bombed it and were not invited back. Lots of learning here too.
- 2009-2011: Strategic consulting, executive presentations, Agile Coach Training for RBC and the newly-formed Agile Centre of Excellence.
- 2010: Training, coaching and consulting at Suncor in Fort McMurray. First major engagement in a non-software Agile Transformation. Worked with Darin Zandee, Superintendent responsible for 200 people on the mine site, and his senior managers. Included one-on-one leadership coaching for Darin.
- 2010-2011: Group leadership coaching and workshops for Cam Crosbie, AVP then CIO of Equitable Life, and his business peers. Focus on helping Cam and his peers function effectively as a leadership team in the context of an Agile Transformation.
- 2011-2014: Training, coaching and consulting at Schlumberger Beijing Geosciences Centre working with Pearl Chu, Technology Centre Manager, in Beijing. Included leadership coaching for Pearl, Agile Coach Training for senior and mid-level managers reporting to Pearl.
- 2012-2013: Leadership coaching and consulting over 18 months for Frank Leong, VP Business Technology and his colleagues including Michael O’Sullivan, President. Included a systematic leadership development program of our own design which has evolved over time to become the “Real Agility Leadership Track” and the “Real Agility Management Track”.
- 2013: Executive presentation on Agile Transformation for FreshBooks leadership team.
- 2014-2015: Multiple leadership presentations and workshops with Simon Palmer, CIO and his senior leadership team at LoyaltyOne. Focus on leading with integrity during their Agile Transformation.
- 2016: MAJOR HIGHLIGHT: Attended and received Leadership Circle Profile Certification™. The Leadership Circle system has informed our work with leaders ever since.
- 2016-2017: Focus on internal organizational development at BERTEIG and personal leadership development. Did no significant work with leaders in client organizations this year in order to focus on cleaning up our own house, so to speak.
- 2018-2020: Design and deliver a custom leadership program for Scotiabank over 18 months covering mindset, Agile methods, leadership development, lean thinking, community development, technical excellence, and organizational change. Roughly equivalent to an MBA focused on leadership and organizational agility. Delivered to a cohort of 21 senior and mid-level managers.
- 2019: Work with my own coaches to develop their leadership coaching ability, primarily focused on our engagement with Trader working with Steve Maidment, Chief Delivery Officer.
- 2021-2022: One-on-One management agility coaching for the senior leadership team of a global luxury brand in the hospitality industry.
Select Client List:
- Banking: Scotiabank, RBC, BMO, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, HomeTrust, Capital One, Charles Schwab, Key Bank
- Energy/Resources: Schlumberger, Bruce Power, Suncor Energy, Geosoft
- Insurance: Great West Life, Liberty Mutual, Equitable Ins., Empire Life, Economical Ins. Grp.
- Telecom: Ericsson, Blackberry, Siemens, Telus, Rogers, Bell, Nortel
- Media: Globe and Mail, Shaw Media, ZU, Canoe.ca, CBC, Glacier Media, Post Media, TV Ontario, Comcast
- Loyalty: LoyaltyOne, AIMIA, Points.com, Empathica
- Technology: Adobe, Blueprint, Freshbooks, Intuit, Irdeto, Kijiji, MyPlanet Digital, OpenText
- Education: Xello/Career Cruising, Desire2Learn, Queens University, University of Guelph
- Government: Goverment of Canada, Government of Ontario, City of Fort McMurray,
- Other: App Annie, Modernizing Medicine, Trader.ca, D+H, Workopolis, 407ETR, British Counsel, PHH, Ganz, RWDI
Certifications and Accreditations:
Mishkin has been trained by the gurus in the Agile movement including Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland, Mary Poppendieck, Esther Derby, and Mike Cohn.
Additionally, Mishkin has co-trained with or co-consulted with Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland, Mary Poppendieck, Sanjiv Augustine and Michael Hamman,
- Certified Scrum Trainer®, Path to CSP Educator®, CSP-PO, CSP-SM, SAFe Program Consultant
- ICAgile Authorized Instructor, ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP)
- Leadership Circle Profile Certified, Master of OpenAgile, Team Kanban Practitioner
- BSc, Computational Science
An engaging, thorough look at best practices behind true product ownership and working within Scrum. Expert instruction that was never boring and full of insightful learnings. It goes without saying that Mishkin knows his stuff, and is eager to teach Real Agility and Scrum to the world. – Matthew Parkinson, Director of Digital Product Management, Investors Group/ IGM Financial 2019
Mr. Berteig is a wonderful trainer and presenter of the materials covered. His experience in leading discussions around the various concepts and facilitating exercises used to feel the effect of Scrum were appropriate in relation to the audience’ prior experience and knowledge of the topic. – Simonne Cormier, Training Development and Coordinator, Veterans Affairs Canada, 2019
- Over 23 years practising, managing and coaching Agile Process and Development
- Over 14 years experience teaching Scrum (and Agile) in a classroom
- Over 11 years experience applying Agile outside of technology environments
Other Interesting Facts about Mishkin Berteig
Mishkin has four children. His oldest is nearly 24 and his youngest is 12. Mishkin is, of course, extremely proud of his children who are all artists of various types… following firmly in the family tradition. Mishkin’s parents, step-parents and siblings are also mostly artists.
Mishkin worked for Peters Surveys Ltd. as a junior surveyor’s assistant in the late 80’s and early 90’s on and off. One of the big projects Mishkin assisted with was the Husky Oil Upgrader project just outside of Lloydminster, SK. Mishkin did both field work and site map calculation work for the grading of the site prior to construction.
Mishkin travelled to Belize on a one-month service project with a number of other youth in early 1990. Mishkin’s flights were eventful including a last-minute aborted landing due to a storm around Cancun. Mishkin travelled throughout Belize including Corazal, San Ignacio and Dangriga.
Mishkin has a few hobbies and past-times that generally follow in a 10-year cycle: custom Lego building, robotics, coin collecting, mathematics, and music composition. Of these, Lego and mathematics are currently at the fore of his attention.
Mishkin grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and loves that city very much. He hasn’t lived there for many years, but when he returns he often is overwhelmed by emotion as he visits favourite spots such as the University of Saskatchewan campus, the bridges and river valley, and the Broadway strip.
“Leadership Agility – Luck, Love and Truthfulness” – 20181011 – Agile North Meetup
“Agile Architecture Master Class” – 20180515 – Private Client
“Scrum vs. Kanban vs. ADKAR vs. Kotter – Which Is Best For You?” – 20171031 – Global Scrum Gathering Dublin
“Real Agility for Everyone” – 20170921 – Private Client
“Doubling Productivity with Real Agility” – 20170613 – Project Management Institute SWO Chapter
“Launching Agile Teams – The Skills Matrix” – 20161114 – Toronto Agile Conference
Yes, it is a 100% money-back guarantee.
At BERTEIG we love what we do and we are very confident in the quality and delivery of our training. If our training fails to satisfy your learning objectives, you may make a request for a full refund - no questions asked.
Still not sure?
We occasionally allow people to audit our training before buying it. If you are interested in auditing a learning event, send us a request here.
Upcoming Virtual Learning Events
Certified Scrum Master® (CSM)
Scrum Master® certifications
Improvement in quality of life
switching to Scrum
85% people said Yes
Certified Scrum Master® (CSM)
Prior to arriving in the virtual classroom, you must make time to do some preparatory work and pass the Scrum Foundations Test. You should expect the preparatory work to take about 5 hours. This work and passing the test are required to attend the live portion of the class and for certification.
- The Purpose of Scrum
- The Scrum Values
- The Scrum Roles
- The Scrum Process
- The Definition of Done
- Myth: The Scrum Master is a Project Manager
- Myth: Sprint Zero is Part of Scrum
- Myth: Scrum is for IT Projects
- The Scrum Guide
- The Agile Manifesto
- Simulation Subject Matter
- Scrum Master Responsibility: Sprint Planning Techniques
- Scrum Master Responsibility: Task Transparency
- Scrum Master Responsibility: Daily Scrum
- Scrum Master Responsibility: Basic Retrospectives
- Instructor Introductions + Networking
- Requirements for Certification
- Class Logistics
- Participant's Introduction
- BERTEIG Sign-In - Tell Us Why You're Here!
- Adaptive Product Teams
- Outcomes for the Live Class
- Simulation Timing and Reminders
- Product Vision and Product Backlog
- Sprint 1 ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Volunteer for ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Sprint 1 - Debrief
- Sprint 1 Customer Feedback
- Review Customer Feedback
- Practice Run Simple Sprint Planning
- Debrief Simple Sprint Planning
- Sprint 2 ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Volunteer for ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Sprint 2 - Debrief
- Advice about Scrum Master Responsibilities
- Sprint 2 Customer Feedback
- Review Customer Feedback
- Agile Planning Steps
- Project/Release Planning for the Comic Book
- Simulation Definition of "Done"
- Artifact Transparency and "Done"
- Sprint 3 ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Volunteer for ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Sprint 3 - Debrief
- Sprint 3 Customer Feedback
- Review Customer Feedback
- Sprint 4 ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Volunteer for ScrumMaster Responsibilities
- Scrum Teams Review
- Steps to Create an Adaptive Product Team
- What Did You Learn?
- Important Course Follow-Up
- Scrum Alliance
- CSM Learning Objectives
Live virtual training is delivered based on the Canadian Eastern time zone (ET) from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM. People in different time zones can attend this training on following times.
07:00 AM - 01:30 PM
Vancouver, British Colombia
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
08:00 AM - 02:30 PM
San Jose, Costa Rica
09:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Mexico City, Mexico
10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
New York, USA
11:00 AM - 05:30 PM
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sao Paulo, Brazil
02:00 PM - 08:30 PM
03:00 PM - 09:30 PM
Learning Event Preparation
Once you have registered for the Certified Scrum Master® (CSM), you will need to complete approx. 5 hours of compulsory pre-work on our virtual learning platform training.berteig.com.
NOTE: In order to successfully complete this course, you will need access to
- Zoom (including video),
- Images.google.com and
You will gain access to the course contents on training.berteig.com once you have registered.
Exams cause stress for most people. We help you take the stress out!
Before class, you prepare with e-learning materials including a hard exam you can try as many times as you need! Passing the preparation exam practically guarantees that you will pass the Scrum Alliance® CSM® exam — because ALL the questions on the preparation exam challenge you to think carefully about the Scrum Framework. During and after class, there is ample opportunity to ask questions about anything you might need to pass the Scrum Alliance exam. We use Accelerated Learning and Neuroscience techniques to maximize your memory! The CSM® exam is easier than the preparation exam we give you. Not only that, but the exam for Certified Scrum Master® is open-book. Here are the logistics so that you are fully prepared:
- The exam invitation email comes within 3 business days of the conclusion of the training.
- The email gives you all the detailed instructions for accessing the exam.
- You must do the exam within 90 days of receiving the invitation.
- The exam is made of 50 multiple choice questions and you have 60 minutes to complete it.
- You immediately find out your score. Passing is 74%. You also find out topics you struggled with.
- If you pass, you immediately access your official certificate and badges from Scrum Alliance.
- If you fail, you have one free re-take. Subsequent re-takes incur a small administrative fee.
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Scrum Inc. Scrum Master Product Owner® (SSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://agileeducation.org. The training component of the SSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or SSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and enter the details of your learning experience to claim the hours. Be sure to enter all the details of the class you took (CSM or CSPO or SSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs (16 for 2-day and 24 for 3-day).
- Q: How can I claim other BERTEIG event PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content e.g. BERTEIG MicroLearning™ you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may need to show evidence of registration or attendance for the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends. Be mindful that some courses have a substantial Theory portion that needs to be completed prior to the Classroom start.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and SSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: What does it mean when a session is "Guaranteed To Run"?
- A: Most BERTEIG Learning Events are given this designation, which means that if it's scheduled, we will run the class, even with just a few people registered. We do this to respect the time you have allotted to learning. Occasionally something may prevent us from running the class e.g. a health emergency, however we will do everything we can under normal circumstances to run scheduled classes; we take this seriously and it is our commitment to you.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.