(CSP-SM) Register Now
BERTEIG is going virtual.
Receive the same internationally-recognized certifications with the same excellence you’ve come to expect from BERTEIG in-person training.
Upcoming Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster® (CSP-SM)
This Mentorship Program provides advanced on-the-job learning, helping you to develop the techniques necessary to guide your Enterprise Agile Transformation.
Be among the first to achieve Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster® designation with Scrum Alliance® by successfully completing this course.
BERTEIG is also a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute.
Praise for BERTEIG
Certified Scrum Professional – Scrum Master® (CSP-SM) Training
I enjoyed the delivery and presentation provided. Your coaching styles really help students focus on growing and asking why vs just completing yet another certification like some other trainers/coaches.
Well worth it for those seeking to move to the next level. I’m used to learning on my own, self-taught, but what I got out of the course will carry with me for years.
This course helped drive the direction of our company as an agile environment.
Senior Software Developer
Learned a lot of eye opening things about scrum. Many myths got busted.
Associate Project Manager
The course (gave) a wealth of practical information and insight that we can apply directly to our team situation as well as...how to optimize our processes in the future.
Incredibly rich in terms of introducing new concepts and approaches to achieving complex work completion.
Senior Technology Infrastructure Analyst
The instructors are experienced agile practitioners, and they provided invaluable advice on real life challenges scrum masters often encounter.
With the great techniques learned...I feel confident of helping my team to become the most high performance team ever.
Great course. I liked every single event and practice. The trainer is excellent and so passionate about what he is teaching. Thank you for the good experience.
After hearing multiple times about agile methodology from everyone, I attended this class and received valuable answers to all the doubts that I had regarding scrum. Now I'm confident of being of value to my company and myself.
I would recommend this course to any one/company that is interested in agility and the use of scrum as a methodology.
Great framework for leveraging the power of teams and skills.
By successfully completing this course over the 10-sessions, you will be able to:
- Support your organization and lead the Agile transformation.
- Learn the skills needed to influence effective change.
- Apply additional techniques from Lean and other Agile frameworks.
- Elevate product delivery by assessing the whole organization and implementing strategies to mature its agility.
- Gain real-world experience by leading an organizational Agile transformation
- Be among the first to fulfill the requirements of the Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster® (CSM-SP) program.
- Week 1: Transformation Goals
- Week 2: Coaching
- Week 3: Assessing Teams
- Week 4: Assessing Structure
- Week 5: Assessing Waste
- Week 6: Agile Maturity Assessment
- Week 7: Improvement Backlog
- Week 8: Change Management
- Week 9: New Agile Teams
- Week 10: Transformation Presentation & Wrap-Up
Program Details & Prerequisites
- Join from anywhere in the world for one of the ten 90 min sessions that are held over videoconference.
- Sessions are kept small to facilitate strong mentorship, and sessions are recorded so you’ll never miss a thing.
- Participants have access to an online discussion forum where they can interact with the coaches and each other as they progress through the program.
- Participants can expect to engage with all levels of their organization as they complete 1 – 3 hours of offline work between sessions.
- You must have your CSM and A-CSM before participating in the CSP-SM coaching program. Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) training would also be very beneficial (this can be taken after the CSP-SM has begun).
- In addition to graduating from the CSP-SM program, participants must have two years’ of experience working as a ScrumMaster prior to obtaining the CSP-SM credential, however this experience may be gained after attending the CSP-SM program.
About Your Instructors
Brock Argue Agile Coach and Trainer
Drawing from many disciplines, Brock's style of facilitation creates an environment in which high-performing organizations can emerge.
Brock specializes in taking an organizational approach to agility – recognizing that all aspects of the business benefit from the application of Agile values and principles. Drawing from many disciplines, his style of facilitation creates an environment in which high-performing organizations can emerge.
Brock has been instrumental in several Agile transformations, from startups to large enterprises, working across industries and geographies. He frequently trains and coaches team members and leaders in Agile software development, process improvement, organizational culture and professional coaching. Brock is passionate about continuous improvement and thrives on witnessing growth in those he works with. Brock has 16 years of experience in the Software Development industry; 6 years as a Developer and 10 years as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach.
Brock’s alter-ego enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, hosting BBQ’s at his home in Calgary and golfing. Brock is on a super-quest with his father to attend the four major PGA Tour golf tournaments and has previously attended the Open Championship in Turnberry, the Masters and the Ryder Cup.
Jerry Doucett VP Training Services, Senior Consultant and Instructor
Teaching has always been a passion for me. I remember several of my primary school teachers saying I should consider being a teacher one day because I seemed to have an inclination for it. In high school I partnered a small start-up company where we taught computers and programming languages to youth on evenings and weekends. Much later during mid 1990’s I taught several University night school classes. I loved all of it, but at the time I never thought I’d actually end up working the front of a classroom.
My first exposure to Scrum was in 2008 as a Project Manager at MapInfo Corporation. There was considerable animosity between business and IT because of project issues so we decided to try Scrum in the hope of bringing business and IT together. Eighteen months later we had transformed most of the global organization (North America, Europe and Asia) by building a scaled system of interconnected Agile services and teams. In essence we were operating as Enterprise Agile Coaches and educators but we didn’t call it that – it’s just what we did.
In 2010 I became an Agile Practice Lead in the Royal Bank of Canada’s Agile Centre of Excellence where I spent about 1/2 of my time building and delivering training classes. This was where I realized I would be happy spending the rest of my career teaching Agility. While at RBC I taught Scrum and Agile classes to over 800 people globally which solidified my desire to teach Scrum and Agile for the rest of my career.
Over the next few years I taught and coached Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Agile at organizations like Telus, Canadian Tire, LoyaltyOne, and
Sick Kids Foundation. It was rewarding but I wanted more. Then in 2016 I had the fortune of becoming an instructor and coach at BERTEIG. It’s been a fantastic experience. I’ve delivered hundreds of classes to thousands of people and it’s been very rewarding working alongside many world-class Scrum instructors and learning from them.
This past January I added new height and breadth to my career when I became an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) with Lean Kanban University. Since then it has been an honour to teach and certify people in Kanban as their eyes light up when they realize it is an alternate path to Agility.
The one thing that has always eluded me is to become a Scrum trainer for a globally recognized certification agency. Now that I’ve been awarded the Scrum Trainer designation with Scrum Inc. I feel I can finally provide a meaningful certification option and a balanced view of Agility by combining my own knowledge and teaching with the wealth of globally recognized experience at Scrum Inc. and BERTEIG. I’m really looking forward to where this new path may take me and how I may leverage it to help others achieve their own personal and professional learning goals and outcomes.
After decades working in the Software and IT industry I have finally found the sweet spot where I hope to finish my career – as an Agile trainer with the credentials to certify people with globally recognized agencies in Scrum and Kanban. Becoming a Scrum Trainer for Scrum Inc. has finally allowed me to achieve a goal I set almost 10 years ago and I am humbled by this opportunity to represent Jeff Sutherland and his team. Combining that status with my credential from Lean Kanban University as an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) as well as my hands-on experience working in the industry for over 26 years should hopefully provide a balanced and well-rounded experience for any student that chooses to join me in a classroom or learning event.
Jerry Doucett is an Agile transformation advisor with over 25 years of hands-on experience in software and process development initiatives. Jerry has proudly served on numerous enterprise transformations by focusing support on four key success pillars: cultivating in-house expertise on Lean and Agile practices, defining enterprise transformation strategies, building and delivering coaching and training programs, and developing effective relationships between business and IT.
For over a decade Jerry has been supporting Agile transformation strategies. On numerous occasions he has served as an integral coach, mentor, advisor and team member on several enterprise transformation leadership teams including several companies with over 50,000 employees.
Jerry has developed and delivered Agile training for over 2,500 people in Canada and abroad. He has been teaching private Scrum classes under license for Jeff Sutherland and Scrum Inc. since 2016. His tailored materials include everything from introductions to advanced role-focused topics, and target audiences from junior team members to senior executives at multinational corporations. He has contributed many blog and online articles over the last few years, and his latest book (published October 2018) is “The Scrum Master Guide to Choosing Retrospective Techniques”.
Select Client List:
- RBC Royal Bank of Canada, TD Bank, Royal Trust, Scotiabank, BMO
- GFSA, London Life Insurance, Great West Life Insurance, Canada Life
- Carbonite (EVault), Deloitte, TELUS, Canadian Tire, Pitney Bowes
- LoyaltyOne (AirMiles Corporation), Sick Kids Foundation
- MapInfo Corporation, ESI Canada, DigiMap, ExtenSys, General Motors
- Hydro One, Toronto Hydro, North York Hydro, SPL Worldgroup
Certifications and Accreditations:
Accredited Kanban Trainer, Scrum Inc. Scrum Trainer, Kanban Management Professional
Scrum Alliance® Registered Education Provider, Certified Scrum Professional
Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Developer, Professional Scrum Master I
SAFe® Program Consultant, Project Management Professional
Prosci ADKAR® Change Management Professional
B.A.A, HONS, Applied Geography, Economics Minor, Ryerson University
- Over 25 years in software and process development initiatives
- Over 15 years of applying project management practices
- Over 9 years assisting organizations to leverage Agile and Lean approaches
- Over 7 years assisting enterprise Agile transformations
“I wanted to acknowledge Jerry for his support and mentorship as he was pivotal as I on boarded to a new role within a new department and new Scrum team; a team newly formed and new to Agile. Jerry supported the team through training including User Story Writing and Agile estimation workshops among many. During team lift off Jerry identified that both road map and product backlog were missing from ‘delivering value’ stream and as a result we saw a team with constantly changing focus, a large number of product responsibilities and a lack of clarity on priorities. The Scrum process does facilitate changing priorities, but it doesn’t help the team adapt. This was an extremely challenging experience but a tremendous learning opportunity for me as I had guidance and gained key insights from this experienced Agile Enterprise Coach. I am fortunate to have been able to rely on Jerry’s leadership, experience and coaching. Thank you!” – Angeline Lim, Program Implementation Manager at Loyalty One
2018 – The Scrum Master Guide to Choosing Retrospective Techniques
(Currently only available on Lulu.com in ePub format. Click the image for more information.)
“Kanban Case Study” – 20190121 – Private Event
Mishkin Berteig Chief Executive Officer and Certified Scrum Trainer
Mishkin has over 20 years of professional experience with Agile methods. Mishkin publishes articles and thoughts about agile on Agile Advice. Mishkin has trained people from Canada, the United States, India, China, the Middle East and Europe. Mishkin Berteig is President and co-founder of BERTEIG.
Mishkin Berteig has been training, coaching and consulting for organizations since 1995. Mishkin co-founded BERTEIG in 2004. Mishkin is committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations to transform their way of working and achieve Real Agility™.
Mishkin has assisted organizations of all sizes to make the transformation from traditional methods to Agile methods (Extreme Programming, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, OpenAgile). Mishkin has helped with culture change, change management, executive management coaching, Agile management, Agile product, project and operations management, Agile teamwork and Agile engineering practices. Mishkin is a co-author of the Real Agility™Program, BERTEIG’s solution for organizations to achieve higher levels of organizational agility.
Mishkin has developed and delivered Agile training both in public and in-house seminars for over 10000 people in Canada and abroad. Courses have been as short as three hour intro-style and as long as five day boot-camp-style, and audiences have ranged from junior team members to senior executives. Mishkin has been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2005 and is the longest-standing CST in Canada.
Mishkin writes regularly for the BERTEIG blog (formerly Agile Advice) with hundreds of articles about agile methods. Mishkin is also the author of two books “Agile Advice” and “I Am Not a Great Leader”.
Leadership Coaching/Training Highlights:
- 2001: Advised the CIO of Charles Schwab, Geoff Penny, on Extreme Programming and Agile in the IT department as to how it may improve their existing Rational Unified Process implementation.
- 2003: Workshop for CTO Rich Freyberg and direct reports of Schwab Capital Markets on Agile methods, focus on XP. The highlight of this experience was telling Rich to “shut up” because he was constantly interrupting the proceedings. (We had a long pre-existing relationship before that event – I didn’t get fired.)
- 2004-2005: Consultant, coach and trainer at Capital One in Richmond Virgina. Worked closely with another consultant on a major assessment/report for the CTO Gregor Bailar and then worked with numerous senior managers as a coach and consultant. Also worked closely with a number of well-known agilists including Mary Poppendieck, Michael Hamman, Michael Spayd, and others.
- 2005-2006: Certified Scrum Master class for the Director and Senior Managers at Siemens, Trango division, co-trained with Jeff Sutherland. Followed up with them for the next 18 months as their Agile coach and trainer, working directly with their senior managers.
- 2006: Coach at RWDI working with the team on a Scrum adoption. A team-level crisis escalated to working with one of the VPs on a financial model to show the value of focus and rapid delivery.
- 2007: Custom training for Dan Lesage, Software Development Director at Adobe and his senior managers. Focus on solving change management problems.
- 2008: Lots of work with leaders and managers at Research in Motion (RIM) – BERTEIG got fired, eventually. Leadership didn’t enjoy looking at cultural issues in the organization. No names here, but it was a great learning experience for us to see how deeply culture matters in attempting to do a transformation.
- 2009: Another bad experience: delivered a private training for OpenText to the CIO Nicholas Oddson and his senior leadership team. We totally bombed it and were not invited back. Lots of learning here too.
- 2009-2011: Strategic consulting, executive presentations, Agile Coach Training for RBC and the newly-formed Agile Centre of Excellence.
- 2010: Training, coaching and consulting at Suncor in Fort McMurray. First major engagement in a non-software Agile Transformation. Worked with Darin Zandee, Superintendent responsible for 200 people on the mine site, and his senior managers. Included one-on-one leadership coaching for Darin.
- 2010-2011: Group leadership coaching and workshops for Cam Crosbie, AVP then CIO of Equitable Life, and his business peers. Focus on helping Cam and his peers function effectively as a leadership team in the context of an Agile Transformation.
- 2011-2014: Training, coaching and consulting at Schlumberger Beijing Geosciences Centre working with Pearl Chu, Technology Centre Manager, in Beijing. Included leadership coaching for Pearl, Agile Coach Training for senior and mid-level managers reporting to Pearl.
- 2012-2013: Leadership coaching and consulting over 18 months for Frank Leong, VP Business Technology and his colleagues including Michael O’Sullivan, President. Included a systematic leadership development program of our own design which has evolved over time to become the “Real Agility Leadership Track” and the “Real Agility Management Track”.
- 2013: Executive presentation on Agile Transformation for FreshBooks leadership team.
- 2014-2015: Multiple leadership presentations and workshops with Simon Palmer, CIO and his senior leadership team at LoyaltyOne. Focus on leading with integrity during their Agile Transformation.
- 2016: MAJOR HIGHLIGHT: Attended and received Leadership Circle Profile Certification™. The Leadership Circle system has informed our work with leaders ever since.
- 2016-2017: Focus on internal organizational development at BERTEIG and personal leadership development. Did no significant work with leaders in client organizations this year in order to focus on cleaning up our own house, so to speak.
- 2018-2020: Design and deliver a custom leadership program for Scotiabank over 18 months covering mindset, Agile methods, leadership development, lean thinking, community development, technical excellence, and organizational change. Roughly equivalent to an MBA focused on leadership and organizational agility. Delivered to a cohort of 21 senior and mid-level managers.
- 2019: Work with my own coaches to develop their leadership coaching ability, primarily focused on our engagement with Trader working with Steve Maidment, Chief Delivery Officer.
Select Client List:
- Banking: Scotiabank, RBC, BMO, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, HomeTrust, Capital One, Charles Schwab, Key Bank
- Energy/Resources: Schlumberger, Bruce Power, Suncor Energy, Geosoft
- Insurance: Great West Life, Liberty Mutual, Equitable Ins., Empire Life, Economical Ins. Grp.
- Telecom: Ericsson, Blackberry, Siemens, Telus, Rogers, Bell, Nortel
- Media: Globe and Mail, Shaw Media, ZU, Canoe.ca, CBC, Glacier Media, Post Media, TV Ontario, Comcast
- Loyalty: LoyaltyOne, AIMIA, Points.com, Empathica
- Technology: Adobe, Blueprint, Freshbooks, Intuit, Irdeto, Kijiji, MyPlanet Digital, OpenText
- Education: Xello/Career Cruising, Desire2Learn, Queens University, University of Guelph
- Government: Goverment of Canada, Government of Ontario, City of Fort McMurray,
- Other: App Annie, Modernizing Medicine, Trader.ca, D+H, Workopolis, 407ETR, British Counsel, PHH, Ganz, RWDI
Certifications and Accreditations:
Certified Scrum Trainer®, Path to CSP Educator®, CSP-PO, CSP-SM, SAFe Program Consultant
Leadership Circle Profile Certified, Master of OpenAgile, Team Kanban Practitioner
BSc, Computational Science
An engaging, thorough look at best practices behind true product ownership and working within Scrum. Expert instruction that was never boring and full of insightful learnings. It goes without saying that Mishkin knows his stuff, and is eager to teach Real Agility and Scrum to the world. – Matthew Parkinson, Director of Digital Product Management, Investors Group/ IGM Financial 2019
Mr. Berteig is a wonderful trainer and presenter of the materials covered. His experience in leading discussions around the various concepts and facilitating exercises used to feel the effect of Scrum were appropriate in relation to the audience’ prior experience and knowledge of the topic. – Simonne Cormier, Training Development and Coordinator, Veterans Affairs Canada, 2019
- Over 23 years practising, managing and coaching Agile Process and Development
- Over 14 years experience teaching Scrum (and Agile) in a classroom
- Over 11 years experience applying Agile outside of technology environments
“Leadership Agility – Luck, Love and Truthfulness” – 20181011 – Agile North Meetup
“Agile Architecture Master Class” – 20180515 – Private Client
“Scrum vs. Kanban vs. ADKAR vs. Kotter – Which Is Best For You?” – 20171031 – Global Scrum Gathering Dublin
“Real Agility for Everyone” – 20170921 – Private Client
“Doubling Productivity with Real Agility” – 20170613 – Project Management Institute SWO Chapter
“Launching Agile Teams – The Skills Matrix” – 20161114 – Toronto Agile Conference
Loyalty Is Rewarded
BERTEIG Loyalty Program
At BERTEIG, we believe that continuous lifelong learning is a key element to success and achieving excellence.
We developed the BERTEIG Loyalty Program to encourage our clients to develop a culture of continuous learning. The more people you train, the more money you save (simple)!
The discount level you reach by the end of the calendar year is maintained for another full calendar year. As soon as you reach the minimum number of registrations for the next level, you move up and enjoy greater discounts.
The BERTEIG Loyalty Program is available for both Public and Private training.
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
in a year
off this year
and next year,
BERTEIG loyalty program is not a one-time group discount. It is a long-term organization-wide program to encourage continuous learning in the organization while saving money on training. If you are looking for a one-time group discount, write us here or call us on 1-(888) 852-8216, we would love to help you out.
- Q: Prices are in what currency?
- A: Canadian dollars.
- Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
- A: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not invoice for training. Under special circumstances we can also accept wire transfers, personal cheques, PayPal and Purchase Orders. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special payment arrangements.
- Q: I need to cancel my place due to... what do I do about it?
- A: If your request to cancel is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you will be issued a refund and your spot will be made available for someone else. Please contact email@example.com with the order number you wish to have refunded.
Within ten (10) business days, no refund is possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in a future class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: I need to change the course date I am registered for due to... what do I do about it?
- A: As with cancellation, if your request to change dates is made ten (10) business days prior to the Learning Event, then you can be moved. Please contact email@example.com with your name, current course date and requested new course date.
Within ten (10) business days, no changes are possible for any reason, but we will offer you a spot in another class at 50% of the normal list price (no other discounts will apply).
In the rare case of family or medical emergencies, please contact us as soon as you can and we will work with you to find a suitable solution.
- Q: Can I send someone else in my place?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to change the registration information for a spot in a Learning Event at any time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details including your own registration information and the full name, email address and phone number of the person who will attend in your place. There is no charge for such a change.
- Q: I found "the same" course for less... will you give me a discount?
- A: No, you have registered for a premium learning event with BERTEG, not a clone of some other course.
- Q: Do you ever offer discounts?
- A: Yes, everyone who attends one of our Learning Event is given a discount code to use on other courses or to pass along to coworkers, associates, family and friends.
Also, if you belong to an organization that sends more than 3 people to our training courses, you may be eligible for the BERTEIG Loyalty Program. The more people that attend our training, the higher the discount available. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Also, we offer "Early Bird" discounts on some Learning Events. We encourage you to register early to take advantage of these offers.
- Q: What if I register, then later discover a Loyalty Program discount was applicable. Can I get the discount applied retroactively?
- A: In most cases, yes you can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number for which you would like the discount applied and your company details.
- Q: Is your training tax deductible and can I get a T2202A slip?
- A: No, our training is not eligible for tax deductions. We do not give T2202A slips. T2202A slips are usually issued from Post Secondary Education Institutions like a college or university. We are not such an institution. Purchasing our training is more like purchasing a book or a ticket to an event.
- Q: How do I become a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification. The training component of the CSM designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: What is included in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)?
- A: The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online training that we offer includes all the materials that are needed to complete the 'training part' of the certification. There is no extra fee for the CSM online test, it is included in your registration with us. Once you have completed the training, you will receive an email within 1 week to complete the remaining step to get your certification. Full instructions will be provided in class, but don't worry, the test is straightforward! If you want to study, please consider reading the Scrum Guide.
- Q: How do I become a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)?
- A: Scrum Alliance® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/cspo-certification. The training component of the CSPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I get SAFe® Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) from Scaled Agile®?
- A: Scaled Agile® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.scaledagile.com/certification/courses/leading-safe. The training component of the SA® designation is available only by attending BERTEIG’s virtual designated SA in-house private Learning Event.
We do not offer SAFe® training as a public enrolment course as it is highly contextual curriculum.
- Q: How do I become certified as an OpenAgile® Team Member (OATM)?
- A: The OpenAgile Center for Learning is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at http://www.openagile.com/TeamMember. The training component of the OATM designation is available either by attending a virtual designated OATM in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become a PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)?
- A: The Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/agile-acp. The training component of the PMI-ACP® designation is available either by attending a designated virtual PMI-ACP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/team-kanban. The training component of the TKP designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated virtual TKP in-house private Learning Event.
- Q: How do I become certified as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)?
- A: Kanban University® (KU) is the governing body for this certification. Full details may be found at https://leankanban.com/kmp-program. Note this is a two-class certification – you must complete BOTH the Kanban Systems Design® (KMP I) class AND the Kanban System Improvement® (KMP II) class. The training component of the KMP® designation is available either by attending BERTEIG virtual public Learning Events or as part of designated in-house private Learning Events.
- Q:How do I become a Licensed Scrum Master Product Owner® (LSMPO)?
- A: Scrum Inc® is the governing body for this certification and BERTEIG is licensed to deliver the training portion. Full details may be found at https://www.licensedscrum.com/licensed-scrum-master/. The training component of the LSMPO designation is available either by attending one of BERTEIG’s virtual public Learning Events or as part of a designated CSPO in-house private Learning Event.
- Q:How can I claim my CSM® or CSPO® or LSMPO® class for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: BERTEIG is a Registered Education Provider® (REP) with PMI for the CSM and CSPO courses. Please log in to your account on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org and choose BERTEIG as your REP when entering in your learning experience. Be sure to choose the appropriate class you took (CSM or CSPO or LSMPO) to claim the appropriate PDUs.
- Q: How can I claim my class (non CSM® or CSPO®) for PDUs from PMI®?
- A: If you have completed a Learning Event with BERTEIG that has appropriate content, you may claim the PDUs as private learning hours on the PMI-CCRS website.
- If asked, you may show your official certificate as evidence of attending the class. Obtaining PDUs is your responsibility and for more information, please refer to the PMI-CCR Certification Requirements Handbook at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf?la=en.
- Q: What if I'm shy and don't like interacting with people?
- A: Our virtual Learning Events are highly interactive and we make them safe and comfortable for even the most shy people! Our facilitators are experts in creating an online environment where everyone is encouraged to participate without forcing you to do things or say things that might be uncomfortable. This is not like school. This is not like a university lecture. This is not like a high-pressure business meeting.
- Q: What if I'm just coming to get a certification?
- A: Okay! We know lots of people who have come to our virtual Learning Events in the past to only achieve a valuable certification. They have told us in no uncertain terms that it was still the best "course" they have ever attended, they learned far more than they expected to, and that they were excited to apply what they learned as soon as possible. Sure, you can attend just for the certification!
- Q: What do I need to do to prepare for the online course?
- A:There are three things you must do beforehand to prepare for BERTEIG online Learning Events.
1. Complete pre-work at training.berteig.com
2. Set up Zoom for video conferencing
3. Get familiar with Miro whiteboard collaboration
- For most Learning Events, there is some pre-work which must be completed before the class begins. Failure to do so, will mean rescheduling and application of the $150 Rescheduling Fee.
- Check the description of your Learning Event to see if there are any special requirements.
- Q: Do I need a laptop or can I use my phone?
- A: You will need a laptop or desktop for the BERTEIG Learning events. Handheld devices such as tablets and phones are not suitable for the interactive nature of the classes.
- Q: Do you provide copies of your slides?
- A: First of all, we usually don't use slides in our Learning Events - instead we have a moderate number of handouts and these are accessed in one place using the BERTEIG Learning Management System (LMS).
- The only exception to this is the SAFe training classes where we are a delivery partner and the materials come directly from Scaled Agile - in those classes there are typically a lot of slides to go through in the training.
- Q: When does my Learning Event start and finish?
- A: Normally our Learning Events start at 9:00am sharp and end by 4:30pm (Eastern Time +5:00 GMT). Some Learning Events may have other schedules. Please read the page about your particular Learning Event to know exactly what time it starts and ends.
- Q: Do you offer your virtual Learning Events as private sessions?
- A: Yes. Please contact email@example.com for more information and to receive a quote. Typically 'in-house' virtual sessions are scheduled six or more weeks after a contract has been signed - please ask for a quote as soon as possible if you think your need is urgent!
We can also create custom online Learning Events for an additional fee. We even do train-the-trainer programs for larger organizations who wish to leverage in-house staff.
Generally, we avoid doing the CSM, CSPO and LSMPO Learning Events as private virtual classes, and we encourage you to attend with your group to a public scheduled session.
- Q: What if I have an emergency and have to leave for some/part/most of the virtual class?
- A: It depends on the emergency. If it is a medical emergency for yourself or a family member, we will work with you to either re-schedule or refund your money depending on circumstances. We don't have a fixed policy about this.
For work related emergencies, we will not issue a refund, but will offer a spot to you at a future course at a 50% discount rate.
- Q: Do you recommend any supplemental learning resources?
- A: Yes. We have a list of recommended reading for agility that is organized by type of BERTEIG Learning Event.
- Q: Does BERTEIG partner with others to advertise and deliver training?
- A: Yes. We partner with training resellers who can reach a different audience than the companies we normally serve. If you have a question about our resellers or if you are interested in establishing a partnership relationship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I am a trainer myself. Can I list my courses on this website?
- A: No. This is one type of partnership that we are considering but have not yet established. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please contact email@example.com.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.