“When product managers weren’t looking, developers went Agile.”
This quote from Barbara Nelson gave me a chuckle. I found it when reading The Mythical Product Owner, by Andre Kaminsky and discovered that this article gives excellent insight into the role of the product owner.
Andre speaks to the change happening in an organization when they adopt agile and breaks it down into bite-sized bits which really helps conceptualize the shifting happening across the industry.
He describes two key levels of change, mainly that:
Change must happen on two levels across the organization:
- Technical – Roles and responsibilities must be understood, accepted, and adopted.
- Cultural – Attitudes, expectations, political ambitions, and how we collaborate must change.
He writes that Agile should not come in with a “big bang” approach but by introducing it in a gradual manner, allowing confidence and capacity to build, then the results can be more profound and long-lasting.
This is one of the tenets that Kanban espouses; that the Kanban Method allows for gradual change and therefore a higher success level in professional businesses.
Learn more in Kanban System Design® (KMP I)
If you find this useful, please consider contributing with our
“Value for Value” model.
Kanban System Design® (KMPI)
22 to 23 MAR 2023 (2 days) - Starting Wednesday - Online - David VicentinEarly-bird Discount! C$1795.00 C$1525.75 Until 22-Feb
- Improve Knowledge Work Productivity -
This 2-day workshop - Kanban System Design (KSD) - also known as 'Kanban for Real Agility®' - provides you with the fundamentals of the Kanban Method® . It is designed specifically for leaders starting their organization on the gentler path towards Real Agility™. This learning event is ideal for you if you are responsible for the delivery of a service. Learn the concepts of flow, pull, classes of service, and learn to deal with interruptions and multi-tasking. Learn the Systems Thinking Approach To Implementing Kanban (STATIK) through a multi-step interactive case study review.
This KSD course, (formerly known as Kanban Management Professional 1 - KMP I), is the first of two courses towards the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential. The KSD is the prerequisite to the Kanban Systems Improvement course (KSI). By completing both this course (KSD) and the KSI, participants can earn their KMP credential with Kanban University®.
- Participate in a Kanban simulation for immersive learning
- Design your service's Kanban board with guidance from our Kanban experts
- Start your Kanban adoption and in evolving your system
- Earn 16 PDUs | 16 SEUs
- Obtain your Kanban University® KSD certificate
- Completion of this and the KSI class will earn you the Kanban University® KMP credential
- Get a profile listing on the Kanban University® alumni page
- We are a Registered Education Provider with Kanban University® and PMI®
- Taught by and overseen by Accredited Kanban Trainers (AKT's)
EXCLUSIVE: Free "Kanban for Managers" e-book written by BERTEIG consultants!
Download the recommended reading by "David J. Anderson and Andy Carmichael":
Essential Kanban Condensed
Please register using a corporate email address, for corporate loyalty program discounts.
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM (EST)
Senior Agile/Lean Consultant